Confusion on toddler care on Oasis???

VacayAway

Hi everyone! First time poster . . . so go easy on me!:) We are looking at an April cruise on Oasis and are confused on some of the toddler care times/prices etc. We have a 6 year old and 2 year old. I know the 6 year old can go to Adventure Ocean and the 2 year old will go to the Aqua Tots program.

Here's me point of confusion . . . SOMEWHERE, although can't remember where, I thought I saw that for the tot program (for 2 year old) the kiddos had to pre-register, it had an $8/hr fee and each tot was only allowed 12 hours in the program per sailing. I just called RCI and they said it is all included, it's the same hours as the Adventure Ocean program, no pre-registration, and no maximum hours of use restriction.

This is a huge difference and may determine whether or not we choose this sailing, so does anyone have any clarity on this???

Hi everyone! We are looking at an April cruise on Oasis and are confused on some of the toddler care times/prices etc. We have a 6 year old and 2 year old. I know the 6 year old can go to Adventure Ocean and the 2 year old will go to the Aqua Tots program.

Here's me point of confusion . . . SOMEWHERE, although can't remember where, I thought I saw that for the tot program (for 2 year old) the kiddos had to pre-register, it had an $8/hr fee and each tot was only allowed 12 hours in the program per sailing. I just called RCI and they said it is all included, it's the same hours as the Adventure Ocean program, no pre-registration, and no maximum hours of use restriction.

This is a huge difference and may determine whether or not we choose this sailing, so does anyone have any clarity on this???

I remember reading a post like that by Michelle (cruisinmama), but I'm pretty sure it referred to the nursery. You can do a search of this board using the word "oasis".

Best,

Mia

Ok, maybe the phone rep was confused. ;)

The 6 year old, yep, you're right, Adventure Ocean, no charge, its included.

The 2 year old - maybe the phone rep confused the Fisher Price "Royal Tots/Royal Infants" program that is on other ships? That program is kind of like a play group where the parents attend as well.

The details for the Oasis nursery are posted on the Royal Caribbean web site....

Nursery On Oasis Of The Seas

Details

Undoubtedly one of the most anticipated innovations from Royal Caribbean is our addition of the Babies and Tots Nursery. This colorful new space will serve as a fully-staffed nursery where children can be left in the care of our trained professionals, as well as host to various playgroups created by Fisher-Price® and Crayola® for babies and tots aboard our cruises.

The nursery will offer parents a drop-off options in the daytime and evening, while always maintaining an optimum staff-to-child ratio. Free-time play will also be offered daily, providing a chance for parents and their young ones to bond while playing with a variety of developmental toys from Fisher-Price in specially-designed programs available exclusively for guests of Royal Caribbean.

In addition, the Crayola Beginnings line of art tools will be featured in unique developmentally-focused art activities so parents and their children can enjoy some memorable creative moments together.

General Info

This experience is exclusive to our newest ship, Oasis of the Seas.

There are 2 age groups: Babies (6-17 months) up to and including 1 day less than 18 months.

Tots (18-36 months). Times will be booked under the child's name, and guests will be asked to submit the birth date and the website will calculate the child's age at time of sailing. Each child must be booked separately. Each child may be booked for a maximum of 12 hours on all sailings. Each session must be a minimum of 1 hour and the maximum session length is 6 hours. There is no maximum sessions in 1 day (someone can book a morning and an evening session in the same day if they would like). Sessions can be booked in 30 minute increments (2 hours, 2.5 hours, 3 hours, 3.5 hours, etc). If there is an attempt to book less than 1 hour, guests will be notified that the session minimum is 1 hour. Please note:

Families need to visit the nursery on Day 1 before 10:00 pm to:

Confirm bookings

Register children

Receive a phone to stay in touch with Nursery (phone does not work off the ship). Failure to do this will result in a loss of online bookings. Bookings can also be made onboard, but it is recommended to book online as space is extremely limited.

Cost

The charge is $8 per hour, per child. This can be charged in hour increments (minimum session charge is $8 for 1 hour even if child is picked up early).

Hours may vary according to the ship and itinerary, so be sure to check your Cruise Compass and Daily Planner.

It looks like you have to pay for the 2 year old and they are in the category of Royal Tots 18-36 months. They are not included in the Adventure Ocean area. If you go to RCI's website and then click on under Plan A Cruise and then Ships, select Oasis of the Seas and then on the right side there is a link that says Onboard Experience on Oasis and then you can click on Kids and Teens and it has the groups listed there.

Dezere'

Thanks for great insight. I think I've got it figured out thanks to you all. . . now just need to decide if I want to pay for childcare above what I'd be paying for Oasis cruise. Probably ought to just wait until the littlest one is 3!

THANKS!!!!

I don't have direct experience with NCL, but I understand that the difference between NCL and CCL with 2 year olds is that NCL will not change diapers. Parents are given a pager and must come to change their little one's diapers. So, needless to say, there is no leaving the ship if your toddler is in NCL's program. CCL will change diapers.

Archived