Hotel problem - Don't know what to do.

Orcrone

Umm, not all Courtyards look the same, Giz - I know, I've stayed in at least half a dozen different ones in the past year. My favorite is the downtown Cortyard in San Diego - it's a converted bank building. Of course for Mark's trip a 1-BR suite at Courtyard would be better - king-size bed in the bedroom and a convertible sofa in the living room - with seperate TVs in each.

-dave

Sorry about that, I didn't make myself clear. I should have said some Courtyards. So many are like the ones I described but I agree, there are others that are different.

Before sailing on the Statendam, I stayed at your favorite Courtyard in San Diego that is the converted bank building. I loved that hotel !!! I toured the entire building. Did you go down stairs where the old Safe Deposit Box Vault was? When I was there it was open and a hotel employee took us in. There were still some boxes in the walls. It is now used as a meeting room. The brass from the tellers windows was a nice touch in the lobby. Marriott did a fantastic job with this hotel since they did not gut the entire thing and lose all the charm from the bank. It was especially fascinating to me since my job has taken me to many beautiful banks through out this country, many of which no longer exist.

Before sailing on the Statendam, I stayed at your favorite Courtyard in San Diego that is the converted bank building. I loved that hotel !!!

Isn't it great! Except for the valet parking (it can take 20 minutes to get a car, even when it's not busy!). I understand Marriott did the same thing in downtown Washington, DC, but I haven't had the chance to stay there yet...

-dave

Isn't it great! Except for the valet parking (it can take 20 minutes to get a car, even when it's not busy!). I understand Marriott did the same thing in downtown Washington, DC, but I haven't had the chance to stay there yet...

-dave

We used a cab since it was only 1 night, but I was aware of the valet parking. We debated about renting a car to just drive around but being in the Gaslight District we figured a car was not needed. That is a great hotel, and I would stay there again.

I heard they did the same thing in Philly. Marriott bought an old building, not sure what it was) and turned it into a Courtyard.

Marc - I remember when you booked this back in September. There's really nothing you can do to get a confirmed booking for 2 beds. It's a noted request on your reservation but you won't know until you arrive. It's like a guaranteed room. What they do is hold your reservation as a "room count". If there is availability for a double when you arrive, they will give it to you. If not.. you will get the King. Calling different numbers and the hotel manager as others suggested doesn't really work as they prefer to sell their prime rooms at the regular price versus $35-40 (after priceline's cut). My BIL works for Mariott. They do not assign rooms or type (ie.. with a view, double, etc.) for priceline rooms until arrival.

It will work out one way or another. You won't be there that long - only overnight and a late arrival at that. A roll-away should be available if it doesn't work out.

Marc - I remember when you booked this back in September. There's really nothing you can do to get a confirmed booking for 2 beds. It's a noted request on your reservation but you won't know until you arrive. It's like a guaranteed room. What they do is hold your reservation as a "room count". If there is availability for a double when you arrive, they will give it to you. If not.. you will get the King. Calling different numbers and the hotel manager as others suggested doesn't really work as they prefer to sell their prime rooms at the regular price versus $35-40 (after priceline's cut). My BIL works for Mariott. They do not assign rooms or type (ie.. with a view, double, etc.) for priceline rooms until arrival.

It will work out one way or another. You won't be there that long - only overnight and a late arrival at that. A roll-away should be available if it doesn't work out.

Maureen,

That's what I'm going to do. It is only one night, and a rollaway will work if necessary. I appreciate everyone's suggestions, however booking (and paying for) a full rate room and having this room available with two doubles would also upset me.

If I look at it as possibly getting an upgrade then maybe I'll get a deluxe verandah suite with all the amenities.:D

I hope it works out for you, orcrone! We are on your Rollcall for 3/26 Zuiderdam and had posted back and forth. What a coincidence we are staying at the same place.
Thanks for your wishes.:)

Did you book through Priceline? If I remember correctly you're also traveling with your children. What time does your flight get in? Ours doesn't arrive until 10PM.

Maureen,

That's what I'm going to do. It is only one night, and a rollaway will work if necessary. I appreciate everyone's suggestions, however booking (and paying for) a full rate room and having this room available with two doubles would also upset me.

If I look at it as possibly getting an upgrade then maybe I'll get a deluxe verandah suite with all the amenities.:D

I think the person who answered the phone gave you a bunch of BS. I bet they didn't even check. I like your attitude on the upgrade :)

as we are in the same situation, except I booked the room through Hotwire. There are 3 of us. I called the hotel, and requested two double beds, but no guarantee, of course.

On top of that, my particular hotel is NOT getting rave reviews(read dump) AT ALL...we are in Miami, two days pre-cruise...it's a Holiday Inn...$49 plus tax...I am hoping for the best, because this is considered Spring Break time, and the prices for hotel rooms are OUTRAGEOUS. I booked this last July through Hotwire.

Marie

as we are in the same situation, except I booked the room through Hotwire. There are 3 of us. I called the hotel, and requested two double beds, but no guarantee, of course.

On top of that, my particular hotel is NOT getting rave reviews(read dump) AT ALL...we are in Miami, two days pre-cruise...it's a Holiday Inn...$49 plus tax...I am hoping for the best, because this is considered Spring Break time, and the prices for hotel rooms are OUTRAGEOUS. I booked this last July through Hotwire.

Marie

Marie,

I'm lamenting not going through Hotwire. They have the ability to specify number of adults and number of children. So you can book a room for more than two. I hope all works out for you too.

We made our reservations through Priceline got the Radisson Bahia. I then called and asked for a room with 2 beds. There will be 3 of us in the room. This was on the weekend, they told me to call back on Monday. I called back on Monday and asked to speak to reservations, they said they would take care of it. Hopefully it will be ok.

Thanks for your wishes.:)

Did you book through Priceline? If I remember correctly you're also traveling with your children. What time does your flight get in? Ours doesn't arrive until 10PM.

Yes, we booked through Priceline, too. It sounds like you got a better deal than I did, though. I paid $65. I only have 1 child, 10 year old boy, and luckily he doesn't mind sleeping on the floor. :o

I believe our flight gets in around 4:30. We are flying direct with Delta. Of course, I bought our tickets before they lowered their fares. :(

Yes, we booked through Priceline, too. It sounds like you got a better deal than I did, though. I paid $65. I only have 1 child, 10 year old boy, and luckily he doesn't mind sleeping on the floor. :o

I believe our flight gets in around 4:30. We are flying direct with Delta. Of course, I bought our tickets before they lowered their fares. :(

You never know what's going to happen with airfares. We're also flying with Delta. Two days after we booked our fares they went up by over $150 per person. Now that Delta lowered their fares they're higher than what we paid, but cheaper than they were. However, if we waited we'd be out of luck as the flights are almost full.

Archived