Group Tour - Need help deciding what cruise line!

falfal2k2

I am in the process of planning a group cruise for 2011. It's going to be a group of somewhere between 15-20 people, all ages 25-30, for 5-7 days. We're pretty set on Caribbean/Bahamas-ish area, but have also considered the Mexican Riviera.

The main "activities" I see most people partipating in are...drinking, dancing, and being in the sun. Also, shore excursions/ports of call will be a big deal for us. We'll want ports where we can do adventurous things, as well as great beaches.

We're all have very different opinions about children, so whether or not there will be a ton of kids on board or not will not have much to do with our decision (we can't make EVERYONE happy).

Cost is not a HUGE concern (it's a concern, but we're not college kids on spring break - though we may act like it once we get there).

There are three of us who have only been on Carnival in the past, and there's one other who has been on Princess. Everyone else will be first timers. Those are the only two lines I've looked at so far, but it's pretty early in the process.

What are REALLY looking for is what cruise lines offer the best incentives for groups. I've had quite a bit of interest and I wouldn't be surprised if our # topped 20, so anything extra the cruise line could offer us would be great. Especially if "open bar" is part of the offer!

Any suggestions/opinions would be great! :D

I would start off with a reputable travel agent (TA) that has an office and you can meet with face-to-face, as opposed to an on-line service. Explain to them what you want and they will steer you in the right direction. TA's should not charge any extra for their services, they get commission from the carriers. We all have our favorite ships and I'm sure if you asked 3 people they would give you 4 answers.

Find yourself a good Travel Agent that books lots of Cruise Groups .

Interview the one you select for his/her experience , agency policy , etc..

Let him/her do all the leg work for you (costs you nothing!) , to find the right cruise to match your group expectations and budget.

No matter which cruise line you select , the Group Rates and Amenities offered by the cruise line , will depend on the sailing date . Popular sailing dates may offer little or no benefit while less popular dates will have better rates and more amenities.

The Group will include a TC (typically 1 guest cruise fare, refunded to the group leader after your cruise returns , for every 8 cabins dbl occ. that sail on a 7 nighter)

Also , New group availabilty disappears as sailings book up , so block your Group Space as early as you can (1 year is usually sufficient).

Have fun,, but don't expect too much from any cruiseline with a group that small,, heck , there are many family groups that big,, and you can forget "open bar " unless you cruise on a very expensive and exclusive type line.. LOL

Archived