You ladies (and gents) will be sooo proud of me..

Thank you MVcG! Wow your words brought water to my eyes...specially the part that you said that I must be a lovely young lady...something my mommy would say...I am a second grade teacher at a very poor school. I absolutely love it! One of my students (he is hispanic) told me today that their parents cooked a huge pot of rice, beans and chicken and were allowed to sell it for $3.00 each plateafter their church said "now we have money to pay the rent". Not only did I burst into tears when my little baby said that, but I felt so blessed that I am in the position that I am...Here I am getting ready to sail on a beautiful ship, wearing preety dresses (good sales on Macys though) and there are people out there who are struggling..and please know that this is a REALITY. I see it every day and even though I wish I could do more for my kids, I try my best to provide them with a good solid foundation, I do my best to educate and I give them lots of genuine love.

Tomorrow we will be boarding a school bus and heading to Grassy Waters preserve to learn all about our natural environment. It was completely free for these kids, and they deserve it...they are awsome!

Claudia

That is so wonderful and I so appreciate your fresh caring attitude. My son teaches math at an "underprivileged" HS & loves it. They love him as I am sure your students love you. Kids can tell when a teacher really cares. We need more like both of you. And, HI, Gay, going on a Mex Riv cruise in January. Cheers! Vicky .

Archived