Breakfast Room Service

loves2cruz

Don't know about Cunard, but you can order that way on P&O.

I think it's possible to do this on Cunard but, at the moment, I can't confirm that. I've never used room service for breakfast personally but I seem to remember a post on another thread on this topic where someone with more experience said it was possible. Hopefully someone with more experience than me will be able to confirm this.

J

PS - Hiya Stoppers, how are you doing this morning?

I think it's possible to do this on Cunard but, at the moment, I can't confirm that. I've never used room service for breakfast personally but I seem to remember a post on another thread on this topic where someone with more experience said it was possible. Hopefully someone with more experience than me will be able to confirm this.

J

PS - Hiya Stoppers, how are you doing this morning?

Doing fine thanks, were you up later than usual this morning ? I notice a few posts pulled from yesterday, can you throw any light on the matter.

Has anyone tried to order items not on room service order form by penciling them in? This has been done on Royal Caribbean and Princess and most anything that was available in the diningroom was brought to us.

Thanks

I have, within the last three months. Eggs Benedict. I used a pen, however.;)

It was no problem, just ask and it will arrive.

The breakfast-room service in October was faultless.

The eggs benedict was VERY good, as was the bacon (both English & American), fried eggs (sunny side), cumberland sausages, corned beef hash, hash browns, scrambled eggs,perfect boiled eggs, bagels with cream cheese & s. salmon and excellent kippers, although the porridge needed more salt!! ...... Oh and the pastries and croissants were pretty good too.

However, if you have toast, just remember to ask for butter.

For some strange reason, that has to be a seperate order.....

On the 13 day 17NOV09 Caribbean Medley, had no problem writing in on the Breakfast tag for the door - nothing out of the ordinary - just wanted pan au chocolate and 1/2 and 1/2 and they came every order .

At dinner , the server apologized every evening when asked for 1/2 ane 1/2 - seems the only thing the could get their hands on was real cream (not sure what that's called in the UK) - here in the US it would be heavy cream - just had to marry the contents and it was perfect for adding to the coffee.

Afternoon pick me up from Kings Court - fill tall clear glass with ice, add 1/2 and 1/2, milk, whatever to glass. Get Coffee mug - add coffee from machine, pour coffee from mug to glass - Iced Coffee!!

N.B. Full coffee mug holds more than glass with ice - be careful decanting - recommend decanting under the ice dispenser

It was no problem, just ask and it will arrive.

The breakfast-room service in October was faultless.

The eggs benedict was VERY good, as was the bacon (both English & American), fried eggs (sunny side), cumberland sausages, corned beef hash, hash browns, scrambled eggs,perfect boiled eggs, bagels with cream cheese & s. salmon and excellent kippers, although the porridge needed more salt!! ...... Oh and the pastries and croissants were pretty good too.

However, if you have toast, just remember to ask for butter.

For some strange reason, that has to be a seperate order.....

Wow that is some breakfast ! How did the attendant carry it all to your cabin ( sorry "stateroom")

My experience as well, although hadn't tried the Eggs Benedict, which I now will next trip. Breakfast in the room is one of my favorite features. Just write in your "wishes" on the Breakfast in Bed tag, and if they can they will provide. The only caveat I have been told is that it is harder to accomodate some special requests for very early Breakfast request times, because the full kitchen may not be active yet. But I have asked for various "off menu" items, such as french toast, sliced bananas with oatmeal, or berries (mixed or specific type), or raisins and brown sugar for example. You can also write in a time not on the tag, but somewhat at your own risk. Alternatively, you can call room service and they will do their best to provide whatever you want. If it is on their menus they usually can do so. Also, note that if you are a night owl it is good to put the Breakfast request out earlier (say ideally around midnight). They usually do a couple of passes to pick up the cards, but I have found on occasion that if I didn't put it out til fairly late there was a chance it was not pulled, and thus not delivered in the morning. Even in this case Room Service rectified quickly, but if you are rushing to catch a tender or a tour it can make a difference. My experience this last trip is that they often delivered slightly earlier even than the window checked off (so if you checked 7 to 7:15 am, it might arrive at a bit before 7 am). So listen for the soft tap on the door.:o

Archived