Oakley's

MERLOTCHAMPAGNE

When we cruised the E Caribbean 2 years ago, one of the guys in our group bought a pair of Oakleys. Can't remember if it was in St. Thomas or St. Martin. Are they still a better deal than in the States? If so, which island and where?

Thanks

You can buy Oakley's in either location. I purchased a pair of Oakley X-Metals from an authorized store on the waterfront in St. Thomas. It is located near the Green House Restaurant but the name of the store excapes me right now.

People still wear Oakley's? I switched to Maui Jim's when I was sailing in college during the 90's. On my second pair, I still have the original pair I bought. Last year I broke my glasses doing a bonehead thing. I called Maui Jim, told them it was my fault and they replaced them for a $60 fee to cover the new lens. About 5 months later the replacement lens cracked and I called them again. They said "No problem send them back." I did and within a week I had a brand new pair. Their service is impeccable, eay and very friendly.

Scott

When we cruised the E Caribbean 2 years ago, one of the guys in our group bought a pair of Oakleys. Can't remember if it was in St. Thomas or St. Martin. Are they still a better deal than in the States? If so, which island and where?

Thanks

I'm not sure how much they are in the islands, but I just got a great deal on a new pair using Ebay. The retail price on Oakley's website was $105, but I got mine for $71 including shipping (yes, they are authentic). Anyway, you might want to research prices on Ebay before you leave to make sure you're getting the best deal. Have a great cruise!

I'm not sure how much they are in the islands, but I just got a great deal on a new pair using Ebay. The retail price on Oakley's website was $105, but I got mine for $71 including shipping (yes, they are authentic). Anyway, you might want to research prices on Ebay before you leave to make sure you're getting the best deal. Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the tip... $71 is a great deal

Archived