Tortola Scuba Diving Suggestions?

dwmdy

Will be visiting Tortola on Jan. 12, 2010 on Caribbean Princess. Looking for suggestions as to shore diving or private boat diving operations. We are experienced divers but have not visited this island before.

Thanks!

I've used Blue Water Divers and they have been there for a while I first dove with them in 97

the others I've used in the past have come and gone .... this one is still there ...

http://www.bluewaterdiversbvi.com/default.asp

Rhone is nice but be aware that it sits in a cut in the reef (they missed) and therefore there can be strong currents.

Absolute' not a shore dive tho ....

Thanks Capt. BJ. I appreciate your input. I have e-mailed bluewaterdivers previously but have not received a reply. May just have to check them out when we get there.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Used the Princess shore excursion for this dive in Feb 08 (just easier) they used http://www.sailcaribbeandivers.com. I was happy with their service and we dove the Rhone and yes there was current. They had multiple dive masters so your groups were not large at all we had 6 divers in our group. All the dive masters were very professional. I have seen people complain about them on this board because they were new divers and they were not warned about the current but we were and as a diver you have the preference to scrub a dive at anytime if you don't feel comfortable.

my two psi

Buzz

How strong was the current? I do drift dives off of Florida all the time. I once did a 125' wreck dive with a current of at least 1 and 1/2 knots. Not fun at all. I love drift dives, but not when the current is trying to rip my mask and regulator off if I tried to turn my head around.

Terri

Archived