Taking laptop on ship?

lidoplease

I have searched the threads and am still unsure about taking my laptop on to the ship. We are driving to the port-so no airport security to worry about. Is it best to carry on a laptop in it's case or can I pack it in either my larger carry on or my checked luggage? I am not worried about it getting hurt--the case is thickly padded. Just don't want to do the wrong thing for sure.

Carry it... do NOT check it.

Your ship will have 3000 passenger and ALL of their luggage and, trust me, it'll all be on top of YOUR bag.

I always take my laptop for several reasons and I'd never put my laptop in a checked bag.

:)

As the others have said, carry on only! When you get settled just fire up your wireless connection and follow the instructions. We purchased on the first day and got a 10 minute bonus. We bought the 100 minute package for 55 dollars and found it to be just enough for our 7 day cruise.

:)

I would also suggest to carry it on with you. Though I have a soft sided carry on backpack type thing that I "checked" at the port last week in San Diego and forgot to take my netbook out of the front pocket. Made it to my cabin without any damage (or being stolen)! :)

I have searched the threads and am still unsure about taking my laptop on to the ship. We are driving to the port-so no airport security to worry about. Is it best to carry on a laptop in it's case or can I pack it in either my larger carry on or my checked luggage? I am not worried about it getting hurt--the case is thickly padded. Just don't want to do the wrong thing for sure.

There's no problem taking the laptop. We always take mine. Last cruise I used a backpack that has a place to put the laptop. You just put it on the conveyor - it does not need to be sent through by itself like at the airports.

Amazing how new luggage gets destroyed first time we use it on a cruise.

Would never think of checking laptop.

As a matter of fact we are getting closer and closer to just carrying on our luggage to avoid the damage.

Getting tired of tipping pier porters and than having luggage ruined.

I agree with everyone I am bringing my laptop on board with me as well. I can't image checking it and not carrying it with me. I can't image spending any where from 500 to 1,000 on an item then getting stuff stacked on top of it no matter how padded it is around the the item.

There's no problem taking the laptop. We always take mine. Last cruise I used a backpack that has a place to put the laptop. You just put it on the conveyor - it does not need to be sent through by itself like at the airports.

I did have to take out my laptop from my backpack when I embarked on the Carnival Valor. No big deal as it was easily accessible. :D

My wife is thinking about bringing our netbook on our upcoming Spirit cruise, however, I will not be dumping my photos directly onto the system. I am bringing 26GB worth of memory so I think I should be set (and I WILL fill that up! - that many photos won't even fit on the 16gb SSD in the system). My wife starts more classes for her nursing program the following Monday when we get back and she is trying to get into a few classes that already filled up so she wants to try up to the day the class starts.

The netbook is tiny but I would likely be the one carrying that, along with my DSLR bag with my attached Point and Shoot (lowerpro sling bag, with the point and shoot attached to that and a netbook bag in the other hand...oye...).

HI-well I think we are the only ones who checked the expensive toys!!

I wraped the laptop then put it in a padded back pack in the middle

of our clothes , along with binocs and my slr camera...

no problem,, less things to drag.

I guess we are living on the edge.

BTW- we also purchased the $100 wifi--- be prepared ... it is slow and kicks you off alot.

donnakg:D

BTW- we also purchased the $100 wifi--- be prepared ... it is slow and kicks you off alot.

We had pretty good results with the internet on the Spirit last week (relatively speaking). Most trouble was trying to get on CC a couple times to do my live from posts! :cool:

HI-well I think we are the only ones who checked the expensive toys!!

I wraped the laptop then put it in a padded back pack in the middle

of our clothes , along with binocs and my slr camera...

no problem,, less things to drag.

I guess we are living on the edge.

donnakg:D

Carnival's liability for checked luggage is something like $50. If you have insurance (or unsurance), some carriers will require receipts, etc for whatever you claim and will only pay depreciated value (which could be zero).

Archived