Category A and B - Differences?

mike35

Mike,

Wanted to give you a head up on this:

About a year ago, there was a rash of reports on these boards that the "B" cabins forward of the lifeboats were prone to rather serious noise and vibrations when the Insignia Lounge (on Deck 5, just below them) was being used.

Passengers from both Insignia and Regatta complained.

The talk about this problem has certainly died down recently. Maybe Oceania fixed something?

If not, it is certainly a good reason to upgrade to an "A". After all, we're all anxious to enjoy those tranquility beds!

Perhaps we can get some of the good folk who stayed in those rooms to wiegh in...?

Have a wonderful Cruise-

Jim & Stan

I guess my question revolves around Oceania's web site, and the descriptions they give. They classify A1 and A2 as "concierge" class, and the amenities are quoted:

"They offer such room amenities as a welcome bottle of champagne; a refrigerated mini-bar; TV and DVD player; personalized stationary; our exclusive Tranquility Bed featuring 350 thread count Egyptian cotton linens; a cashmere throw blanket; a complimentary tote bag and bathroom fixtures including a hand held hairdryer, Hansgrohe massaging shower heads and luxury toiletries."

The B class makes no mention of any of the above -- hence, my confusion and curiousity.

I've e-mailed Oceania with a request for clarification, but they haven't responded.

Mike

I can understand why u are confused as some of the facilities are in all staterooms as far as I know (e.g. the bed). They also add some services:

"In addition to the stateroom amenities, Oceania Cruises’ Concierge Level staterooms also offer guests special service enhancements: Priority embarkation with a dedicated check-in desk and priority luggage delivery; priority restaurant reservations and complimentary shoeshine service "

so my assumption is they are just adding a few little things to entice you!

Guest Jancruz
I guess my question revolves around Oceania's web site, and the descriptions they give. They classify A1 and A2 as "concierge" class, and the amenities are quoted:

"They offer such room amenities as a welcome bottle of champagne; a refrigerated mini-bar; TV and DVD player; personalized stationary; our exclusive Tranquility Bed featuring 350 thread count Egyptian cotton linens; a cashmere throw blanket; a complimentary tote bag and bathroom fixtures including a hand held hairdryer, Hansgrohe massaging shower heads and luxury toiletries."

The differences between A1, A2 and then Category B will be:

Welcome bottle of Champagne

Refrigerated mini-bar

DVD player

personalized stationary

Cashmere throw

complimentary tote bag.

and of course location, location, location

( I believe the showerhead and the toiletries will be the same..but I am not positive)..

Jan:)

Some of the confusion may lie in the fact that the Concierge level features in the A cabins are not yet available. From the Oceania website:

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifNote: Concierge Level class of service will be launched on Regatta and Insignia beginning in April 2005. A tasteful example of understated elegance, our Concierge Level staterooms boast a private teak veranda, as well as a preferred location on Decks 7 and 8 of Regatta and Insignia. They offer such room amenities as a welcome bottle of champagne; a refrigerated mini-bar; TV and DVD player; personalized stationary; our exclusive Tranquility Bed featuring 350 thread count Egyptian cotton linens; a cashmere throw blanket; a complimentary tote bag and bathroom fixtures including a hand held hairdryer, Hansgrohe massaging shower heads and luxury toiletries.

In addition to the stateroom amenities, Oceania Cruises’ Concierge Level staterooms also offer guests special service enhancements: Priority embarkation with a dedicated check-in desk and priority luggage delivery; priority restaurant reservations and complimentary shoeshine service

So anyone who has been in these cabins or will be in the near future did not/will not recieve these extra benefits. It is a way to give some perks previously only available for those in suites. Cabin size for "A" is the same as "B" and will remain so.

Archived