Dune Buggy Excursion

sparkle56

We will be on the Eurodam and there are two similar excursions that go around the island--one is in a 4 x4 (?) vehicle that holds 10 people, the other is a "safari" of 2 person dune buggies that go the same route.

Has anyone done either of these and what are your thoughts?

Thank you.

We will be on the Eurodam and there are two similar excursions that go around the island--one is in a 4 x4 (?) vehicle that holds 10 people, the other is a "safari" of 2 person dune buggies that go the same route.

Has anyone done either of these and what are your thoughts?

Thank you.

Hello, we sailed on Eurodam on Oct 24 2009, and it was great. We chose the Dune Buggy Tour, and it was great. Must tell you, though, that it will be muddy and the mud is very sticky. The Dune Buggy's are quite older models, but to me, that added to the adventure. There are no "dunes" to speak of but it is a very fun time. You do bounce around quite a bit. If you have back trouble it may become uncomfortable. I am glad we took it, and you can rinse the mud off in the ocean in front of Margaritaville after the tour. Hope this helps.

G54

We also did the dune buggy excursion thru Carnival. Had a blast. We were in the last (dd and I) and next to last (dh and dd) buggies in the line of 7. We were totally covered with mud - it was a riot. As we walked thru the port shops back to the ship, all the port workers were laughing their rear ends off at us, saying "dune buggies, yes?" We got some great "dirty" pictures. Well worth the money - but it books up fast, so grab it if you want to go.

• 2 months later...

We already booked the dune buggy excursion for our family of 4. I am now wondering if the dune buggy is automatic or standard to drive. I want to find something else to do if the buggy is standard. Never learned to drive that. Thanks!

We will have 2 buggys, I assume. My DH will drive with my DS7 and I will drive with my DD11. I have been reading about the golf carts for a lot less $. I think we may cancel the buggys and go for the golf carts. We have 5 weeks to go and I am doing a crash course in reading up on the islands.

We were looking into the buggies too for our family of 4. It is a pretty expensive excursion. I think we are going to rent the golf cart as well. My dh and I did the buggy tour 3 years ago and it was fun but there is not really much to see on the island. You drive all over the island, stop check out a view, and at the end drive through huge puddles of water in the salt flats. My dh wanted to book it again and I was on the fence. I also was not feeling too comfortable about driving the buggy ie opposite side of road going through some traffic. We had to drive on the road a few times.

The golf carts a much funner.Your on your own pace.If you want to stop and look around you can.Very safe and everyone is very helpful and friendly.You can get 4 people on the cart for 80 bucks for the whole 6 hours your there.The buggys cost 160 bucks for 2 people and for 2 hours then you go sit at Margarettaville for another 2 or 3 hours and another 50 bucks for drinks.

Archived