Would it be weird if...

Sailaways_

I know Princess has ballroom dance lessons on their cruises. Would it be weird if someone showed up by themselves at the lessons? Do most people show up with their husbands or whatever? I'd like to learn, but I don't want to be the only person there without a partner. :o If anyone has been to these, can you tell me what they're like? TY! :)

I know Princess has ballroom dance lessons on their cruises. Would it be weird if someone showed up by themselves at the lessons? Do most people show up with their husbands or whatever? I'd like to learn, but I don't want to be the only person there without a partner. :o If anyone has been to these, can you tell me what they're like? TY! :)

I have never done this on a Princess cruise, but back when I was 26 or so, I was on a land tour of Europe.

One night in Vienna, we went to a place where they gave ballroom dancing lessons. I was traveling solo and I enjoyed it very much. Didn't feel uncomfortable at all. Danced with fellow travelers and obviously the instructors. Much nicer Palace type enviornment.

Go and enjoy it. I impressed the heck out of Mother when I got back home.

Hi Sailaways, many years ago (on our last cruise) I wanted to experience the ballroom dancing class and this is not my husband's cup of tea so I went by myself. I had a great time, I actually was partnered with another woman who was in the same "boat". I had a great time, and my husband was not "forced" to do anything he didn't want to do. Go, do it and let nothing hold you back from trying something new!

Happy Cruising!

There were some singles at the ballroom dance classes on our cruise. They found people to dance with. I didn't find it weird at all. Definitely go and have fun.

Back in college, I decided to take ballroom dance lessons, but didn't have a partner. It was not a problem. I danced with the instructor. If I had had a partner, I still would've dance with the instructor for parts of the lesson. When they had the group dance lessons, there were plenty of singles to partner up with or else I danced with one of the instructors. I never felt awkward or out of place. It was a blast.

I've seen singles at the dance classes - no big deal. If this is something you're interested in then I say go for it. If for some reason there's not another single to partner with, you'll probably be paired with the instructor. Have a good time!

Hi

My mum and her female travelling companion went along to some ballroom dancing classes on Sun Princess, they ended up having to dance together, meaning one of them had to learn the male part. They still had fun though. There were a lot more women than men, which is probably the norm for these activities.

Archived