Does Carnival have lactose free milk on board?

GayleR

My daughter cannot drink "regular" milk...does Carnival have lactose free milk on board? I only remember seeing whole, 2% and chocolate before when we've cruised with them. (We just recently found out what the cause of her stomach problem - MILK!)

If they don't have lactose free on board and I'm pretty sure they don't, do you think I could bring some on in a cooler?

Be sure and let Carnival know your needs before hand. We requested soy milk for grandchildren and it was made available through room service and was always at the dinner table before we sat down. I don't think you'll have much luck in the buffet - but you can always bring your own.

Depending on the level of 'intolerance' to lactose, this might work also. I take a capsule of Lactaid when I'm going to consume dairy. It provides the missing enzyme needed to break down the lactose in milk. You can buy it over the counter at any drugstore/supermarket and there are even cheaper generic versions also.

• 5 weeks later...

Carnival was very nice but indicated that they do not carry lactose-free milk (Lactaid or whatever) and cannot arrange for it to be on board.

They do carry soy milk as a regular practice.

The woman suggested bringing some and was able to confirm that the cabin that we are booked in does have a minibar where the milk could be stored.

She mentioned that even if the room does not have a fridge, you can bring it and arrange with housekeeping to keep it for you.

You can buy in in port and bring it on the ship if you bring some and then run out and need more. You cannot bring it off the ship (due to customs etc.).

I guess this means don't bring too much of anything expensive.

My daughter cannot drink "regular" milk...does Carnival have lactose free milk on board? I only remember seeing whole, 2% and chocolate before when we've cruised with them. (We just recently found out what the cause of her stomach problem - MILK!)

If they don't have lactose free on board and I'm pretty sure they don't, do you think I could bring some on in a cooler?

Be sure and not bring a cooler over the allowed 12 x 12 x 12. Only a collasible cooler in your luggage or a tiny one is allowed. Galveston posters have twice posted reviews and been surprised when Carnival enforced the cooler size rule lately.

I take the lactaid but it doesn't always work for me. Some of us are more lactose intolerant then others :(. If you are worried about them not getting dairy, try yogurt. Some place no one expects to find milk is in hot dogs and lunch meat!..(processed foods). Soy milk will work. You could bring the "special milk" on board, or try the soy for the week.

Archived