Car Rental

wesleyjr

Hi Wesleyjr,

Grand Cayman was my very first port of call so we booked a beach tour with the ship because Sting ray city and others were sold out. Imagine my surprise when we got off the ship and there were people everywhere selling the same tours as on the ship, for much less money.

We bussed it to a beach after waiting in a hot bus for a 1/2 hour for it to load, at the beach 2 drinks were $15.00, but hell, were on vaca. We ended up walking down the beach and then through town on our way back to the ship. It was wonderful. I hate ship tours, to crowded. It is really strange even walking in Grand Cayman, because they drive on the left. I don't know if I could ever get used to that.

Anyway have fun

Weslyjr -

There are LOTS of dockside tours to Stingray City/and or sandbar available. We purchased one, couldn't begin to tell you who it was, but it was fine! The boat was a little rickety, but it worked, and most importantly - it got us to the sandbar where we had plenty of quality time with the rays! (And it got us back too!)

Rental cars were not availiable in Dec due to the fact that they were all pressed into service (police, etc I heard) as 1000 cars on the island were written off by Ivan.

Your other option if you are not into booking a tour on the pier is to contact Geddes at Earthfoot tours - he does a great Eastern Island tour. His website address is on another of these posts - let me know if you want it and I will locate it! Or just post a question to him on this board - he checks it every so often!

Archived