I am sick and tired...

Steelermoose

Kresge's submarine sandwiches....3 for a dollar!!!!

Grinders, wedges, hoagies.....any other names?

They're just subs.

See, anything that is made on bread other than an Italian roll from down in South Philadelphia does not qualify as a "hoagie". :rolleyes:

I remember a Walt's Roast Beef, a chain. they had really good sandwiches

definitely not the same one......but while we have moved to roast beef....how about Roy Rogers? My mom really preferred their food to the other fast food so I have a few fond memories of going there as a adult with her.

They're just subs.

See, anything that is made on bread other than an Italian roll from down in South Philadelphia does not qualify as a "hoagie". :rolleyes:

I think most of us up here in snooty Westchester call them wedges....however, at the moment one crosses the Bronx border the name changes to hero's!!!!!

definitely not the same one......but while we have moved to roast beef....how about Roy Rogers? My mom really preferred their food to the other fast food so I have a few fond memories of going there as a adult with her.

I enjoyed Roy Rogers chicken more than their roast beef or burgers.

So What was (or is) Walter's. I am intrigued now *LOL*

Then you need to hit either the Thomas Edison Rest Stop on the NJ Turnpike or the NY State Thruway. They are in abundance on the Thruway. Also, the's a couple in NYC ... there used to be one in "The Most Depressing Food Court In the World" in Penn Station that closed down for renovations, but there's still one across the street in the ground floor of the Hotel Pennsylvania.

I'd go on my break to Kresge's for an Ice Cream sundae. Pick a ballon, and pay that price!

I don't remember picking the balloon at Kresge's but I do remember picking the balloon at Woolworth's....and Grants had the cool conveyor belt that your food would roll in on.:)

I think Arthur Treachers Fish and Chips are still around. Only they are just in mall food courts. No actual restaurants left (at least not in CT.)

I actually worked there in high school.

Yeah. They are usually behind the Nathan's counters.

I used to frequent the one on the Post Road in Port Chester.

I think Arthur Treachers Fish and Chips are still around. Only they are just in mall food courts. No actual restaurants left (at least not in CT.)

I actually worked there in high school.

They were pretty good if I recall and I think we had one in WP at the Galleria a few years back...no more...BTW, the next time anyone is down in Epcot try the Fish & Chips in the Great Britian pavilion......you would think they just flew them in that morning!!! Either that or they hired the guy from London...that's probably it knowing Disney!!!

the next time anyone is down in Epcot try the Fish & Chips in the Great Britian pavilion......you would think they just flew them in that morning!!! Either that or they hired the guy from London...that's probably it knowing Disney!!!

Agreed!

MIL is all things Scottish, and we made our way there for lunch. Even SHE raved about them. We were still full for our Luau that night at the Polynesian.

I enjoyed Roy Rogers chicken more than their roast beef or burgers.

So What was (or is) Walter's. I am intrigued now *LOL*

A little road side stand in Larchmont that sells sliced hot dogs with relish and mustard on them...that's it...forget anything else or they will look at you like you are nuts...and they sell some kind of fries but I don't know anyone who has ever ordered them:D,,,soda of course. They used to close down for the winter..but they may stay open nowadays...and the line stretches down the sidewalk...it could be 2 degress and the line is still there. Similiar to the Soup **** idea except they are very nice people.:)

Agreed!

MIL is all things Scottish, and we made our way there for lunch. Even SHE raved about them. We were still full for our Luau that night at the Polynesian.

Hope you guys got the free food plan when you were there...you know I did!;)

A little road side stand in Larchmont that sells sliced hot dogs with relish and mustard on them...that's it...forget anything else or they will look at you like you are nuts...and they sell some kind of fries but I don't know anyone who has ever ordered them:D,,,soda of course. They used to close down for the winter..but they may stay open nowadays...and the line stretches down the sidewalk...it could be 2 degress and the line is still there. Similiar to the Soup **** idea except they are very nice people.:)

I love places like that .

we had a place like thathere for ages. They just had dogs, burgers, fries, shakes and sodas. It was as big as a trailer and like you said 2 degrees and there would be a line around the corner.

a few years ago they expanded, built a big sit down place and added everything and anything to the menu. It really went down hill. :(

You are not the only one that feels that way. Many New Yorkers live in south Florida. They are not well liked. Very hard to please and they constantly complain about everything and do it loudly.

just.... wow..... first post...

*golf clap*

just.... wow..... first post...

*golf clap*

Ehhh, I give it a D- (the gentleman's F, if you will). A decided lack of effort, and thoroughly lacking in originality marks this post. In short, this piece of messageboard performance art isn't even as well thought-out or executed as the Naked Cowboy.

You are not the only one that feels that way. Many New Yorkers live in south Florida. They are not well liked. Very hard to please and they constantly complain about everything and do it loudly.

Yeah, I'm sure the locals just love the snowbirds or whatever they're called. It's just as bad in the Poconos where my wife use to live. I hated visiting just for that reason.

Yeah, I'm sure the locals just love the snowbirds or whatever they're called. It's just as bad in the Poconos where my wife use to live. I hated visiting just for that reason.

I don't want to hear anyone complain about tourists, snowbirds, etc. etc. etc.

I LIVE AT THE JERSEY SHORE YEAR ROUND.

Archived