Paradise Beach Coz

RENMama

Plan on being there next week. :)

We are a family of 5 (8,4,2). Recommendations on transportation there?

Do I bring the kids vests from home? My 8yo and 4yo would want to use as much as they could but neither are swimmers.

We took a cab when we were there last year. The cabs are lined up right across the street from where NCL tendered. I believe it was about $14 plus tip each way for the cab. The cab we took had seatbelts, or I wouldn't have gotten in it...

Once there, we paid the $10 pp for the wristband for use of all the watertoys. I'm pretty sure (but not 100% positive) that life vests were available with that. (Hopefully someone will come along that can confirm that for you).

Our kids were 6 & 7 then, and they had a blast at Paradise. It's very nice, clean restrooms, food was good, and the water toys were all a hit.

Hope you enjoy it!

If the kids will be in the water, and you won't be holding on to them, bring their vests....it's only prudent! They don't "rent" any lifevests for kids or adults.

If they're only going to be splashing in the surf, and you'll be right there...forget the vests....the water isn't rough and you'll be able to grab them, should anything weird happen!

We LOVE Paradise Beach, and have been there a few times with the kids. We always catch a taxi there. Rates are reasonable, and SET according to which port you leave from.

I wrote a lengthy review of PB during our last trip there on the MSC Orchestra. You can find it on page (1) of the MSC review in my signature. I even included pics of the life vests, but can't remember if they were free or not.

Like the previous poster said...someone will come along with an answer.

Have fun!

CeleBrat

I've now been to both Paradise Beach and Chankanaab, and I just wanted to toss my $0.02 in. Paradise Beach, IMHO, is more for teens and adults than smaller kids. The beach is rocky and tough to navigate, and the water toys are out in the deeper water and IMO are made for bigger kids (the water trampolines, maybe, but even then you have the annoying teens or drunk adults launching your kids...and the iceberg is really tall, like I'd say 10-12 feet out of the water).

Chank had steps into the water, had a peaceful and calm snorkeling area. The pool. A playground for kids. Even a really shallow area, protected from the inlet, for kids. Facilities are equally as clean as Paradise Beach, proportionately the same number of chairs and was about the same "level" of crowded as Paradise Beach. Food was in the same price range as well. And at Chank you can rent the vests for $5 for the day.

Don't get me wrong, I loved PB. But my kids wouldn't have had much to do there, at 6 and 10.

I've been to Paradise Beach twice, and love it! The beach was very nice, long, and clean. Good food and service. I was cruising solo both times, but noticed lots of kids enjoying the off-beach trampolines and slides. Also saw younger kids and toddlers enjoying the beach area, from splashing around to using masks, snorkels, and fins. (Not a lot to see, as it's pretty much a sandy bottom, with not much coral). Anyway, Paradise Beach is a great place for everyone! (Think I paid about $40.00 for a r/t private taxi).

Archived