Picture Review from Carnival Pride 11/29/09-12/6/09

princessofthesea

Yes, the alligator was real. They had a wildlife rescue woman there to do a little show for us and the little alligator was one of hers. For a $5 donation we could hold him and get a picture. She put tape around his mouth so there was no danger of being bitten, it was really cool to hold him ! I wasn't scared but would have been if there wasn't tape on his mouth, lol !!!

Going through your wonderful pictures a second time, I can't help but ask you: The alligator that you were holding in your arms, was it real? Were you scared? I wouldn't mind holding a puppy, but an alligator... :eek:

Hi there !

I took the pic of the people up on deck before sail away party time. I'm not sure if the sail away party was dead or not because since I had a balcony this time, we had our own sail away party on our balcony, lol !!

I love my phone ! But yes, it takes horrible pictures which is why I have a separate camera which I love for pictures !

Hi there I notice the dreary send off was the sail a way party dead? Everyone looks cold!! I have the same cell phone horrible pics but good phone!! I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise..

Pam,

I saw your post from "the other Mark's" thread about your underwater shots not coming out so good. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't, but I tried a couple quick auto adjustments on a few of your photos (hope you don't mind). It seems to have brought some natural color back. I'm curious if this is closer to what it looked like with the naked eye.

Before:

PC030355.jpg

After:

PC030355_tweaked.jpg

It seems to have made the sand on the bottom look more natural. Although, the vegetation on the bottom right looks purple (could it have been that color?).

And, another one.

Before:

PC030406.jpg

After:

PC030406_tweaked.jpg

I did this in Photoshop, but I'm sure a lot of other programs can make these kind of adjustments.

Doug

Pam,

Thanks for the pictures! They are great! We will be sailing on the Pride in Oct and have the cabins on either side of you. 5166 and 5170. I appreciate the pictures of the obstructed view cabins. We also have cabin 5162 and according to the deck plans, that has a higher lifeboat next to it. Can you tell me if that obstructs the view more? If it does, I may try to change it to a different cabin. Please let me know. Also, we were going to go to British Colonial Hilton in Nassau and wondered how much it cost for the day and was it worth it?

Thank you so much for the great review and I look forward to hearing more.

Wow photoshop rocks !! They look alot better !!! Thanks !

Pam,

I saw your post from "the other Mark's" thread about your underwater shots not coming out so good. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't, but I tried a couple quick auto adjustments on a few of your photos (hope you don't mind). It seems to have brought some natural color back. I'm curious if this is closer to what it looked like with the naked eye.

Before:

PC030355.jpg

After:

PC030355_tweaked.jpg

It seems to have made the sand on the bottom look more natural. Although, the vegetation on the bottom right looks purple (could it have been that color?).

And, another one.

Before:

PC030406.jpg

After:

PC030406_tweaked.jpg

I did this in Photoshop, but I'm sure a lot of other programs can make these kind of adjustments.

Doug

Hi Terri !

Yes the 5162 does have a high lifeboat and it does obstruct the view more as it comes up higher on the balcony versus just being flush with the floor of the balcony so it is in your way for looking out at sea view, if you can change it, I would.

The British Hilton was very very nice in our opinion and well worth it ! It was $40 per person which includes beach, pool, lounge chair, towel, floats and kayaks if you want, and a $30 voucher for lunch which gets you plenty of food and a drink.

Have fun !!

Pam,

Thanks for the pictures! They are great! We will be sailing on the Pride in Oct and have the cabins on either side of you. 5166 and 5170. I appreciate the pictures of the obstructed view cabins. We also have cabin 5162 and according to the deck plans, that has a higher lifeboat next to it. Can you tell me if that obstructs the view more? If it does, I may try to change it to a different cabin. Please let me know. Also, we were going to go to British Colonial Hilton in Nassau and wondered how much it cost for the day and was it worth it?

Thank you so much for the great review and I look forward to hearing more.

It is a great excursion, I'm sure you will love it !

Yes, they pick you up right at the pier....there are covered pavilions and benches where you wait, from where we docked, they were to the far left next to the ministry of tourism booth, you wait at those benches by the paradise cove snorkeling sign. He was very prompt and also brought us back when we wanted him to.

Have fun whatever you do !

Loved the pics. DD and I are sailing in June. I am considering Deadman's Reef. Did they pick up up right at the pier?

Hi Terri !

Yes the 5162 does have a high lifeboat and it does obstruct the view more as it comes up higher on the balcony versus just being flush with the floor of the balcony so it is in your way for looking out at sea view, if you can change it, I would.

The British Hilton was very very nice in our opinion and well worth it ! It was $40 per person which includes beach, pool, lounge chair, towel, floats and kayaks if you want, and a $30 voucher for lunch which gets you plenty of food and a drink.

Have fun !!

Pam, thanks for the feedback. I think I will call and change the room. Does the top of the lifeboat go above the railing on the balcony? My DD and her Dh and 2 boys will be in the room with the larger lifeboat.

Thanks also for your input in the Hilton. I thought it sounded pretty good! I think that will be what we do.

[

Have fun !!

Is the British Hilton something you can get once your arrive or do you have to book it online prior to cruising?

Is the British Hilton something you can get once your arrive or do you have to book it online prior to cruising?

I was wondering that also. It would depend on the weather if we would go and I would hate to have paid for a day at the beach and have it raining.

Great pictures. My husband and I took this cruise this past July. We enjoyed it so much that we are doing it again in April. You can't beat the price. This time we have an extended balcony. Does any one have a picture of that kind of balcony?

we had an extended balcony on the Legend last year. Awesome. Amazing what a difference a little square footage makes.

two extended balconie with the divider open

100_0874.jpg

extended balcony

100_0855.jpg

Yes the larger lifeboats do go up taller than the balcony railing so there is alot more obstruction with those.

Pam, thanks for the feedback. I think I will call and change the room. Does the top of the lifeboat go above the railing on the balcony? My DD and her Dh and 2 boys will be in the room with the larger lifeboat.

Thanks also for your input in the Hilton. I thought it sounded pretty good! I think that will be what we do.

I think it will depend on what time the ship gets into port. The itinerary says 10am but we got there at 9am and then it will depend on whether you do self-assist which is carrying all of your own luggage out (they get off first). If you don't carry all your own out like we didn't then you are assigned a zone, we were zone 19 and we got off the ship between 11:30am-12:00noon.

Does anyone know what time you dis-embarked in Baltimore on Sunday? We are driving and trying to guess what time we will be home?

You do not have to book the British Hilton prior to going, they always have plenty of space. So if the weather isn't nice you don' t have to go there, if it is nice just go right to the front desk and ask them for the pass on the day you are there.

I was wondering that also. It would depend on the weather if we would go and I would hate to have paid for a day at the beach and have it raining.

Thank you so much for the photos - esp of the cabin. Part of our group will be down the hall in 5198, and we were all happy to see so many great shots!!!

We're still on land for another 3 1/2 weeks... but I'm thrilled ot be counting down in WEEKs now, not MONTHs!!!

Thanks for the pictures, they are great.

I do have one question, I know that there is a new kind of muster w/o life jackets, can you tell me if the new muster is held inside or out on the decks?

I hope it is inside b/c we sail in Jan and I am worried it will be too cold outside. TIA

Investigating the Pride as a first cruise for our family, Summer 2010. Thanks for all of the great photos. Stuff like this always makes the ship more 'real' than the stock photos that come direct from the company !

Yes it is without the lifejackets which is great ! Ours was held on the outside deck so not sure if they will do that in January as well, it isn't long though, it was only 10-15 mins. Have fun on your trip !

Thanks for the pictures, they are great.

I do have one question, I know that there is a new kind of muster w/o life jackets, can you tell me if the new muster is held inside or out on the decks?

I hope it is inside b/c we sail in Jan and I am worried it will be too cold outside. TIA

Yes it is without the lifejackets which is great ! Ours was held on the outside deck so not sure if they will do that in January as well, it isn't long though, it was only 10-15 mins. Have fun on your trip !

Brrrr:eek::D I do hope they change it to inside.

Archived