Family ocean view stateroom

xyzxyz

Hi everyone. I'm thinking of switching over to Celebrity and would like to see the floorplan/photos of the double bedroom staterooms. It seems that the only way I can get this info from the Celebrity website is by going through the booking process and selecting this cabin. However, these cabins always appear to be unavailable (fully booked) so I just can't get to see the details as the 'View' button is not there.

Could anyone please oblige?

The family ocean view cabins are not two bedrooms, unless you book two connecting FOV. Those cabins consist of a bedroom and sitting area, some with two sofa beds.

To get a look, go to X's website and click on Plan a Cruise, and then select "Ships". You will be taken to a list of all Celebrity ships. Click on the ship you're interested in, and then click deck plans. On that page you can put in any cabin number and the diagram of that cabin will pop up.

hello xyzxyz

You may be thinking about the Family Rooms on the Soltice class. They do have two separate bedrooms and a sitting area and dining area as well as a balcony.

We are booked into 7108 on the Eclipse Transatlantic next Oct 31st. I have been trying to locate any information regarding these rooms. I found a few pictures and a photo of the balcony - I will try to attach if I can figure out how.

As far as booking into the FV class - normally you have to get them from the cruiseline,,, you can have your travelagent check on these for you or contact the cruiseline. I booked ours on our travelagent site, and have since been told by Celebrity that we were very lucky to have it booked. They usually save these for large families.

It has one room with either twins or queen if put together, another small room has a single with upper available. The couch also makes into a bed, so that it will comfortably house 5.

It looks like our balcony in 7108 is partially obstructed and is smaller. If you can choose your room,,, go up to the 8th floor - balcony seems to be larger.

Has anyone else booked into one of these family rooms, if so, please share your photos and info!

Thanks,

traveltalk

Thanks for the info traveltalk.

Yes, you are right. I was checking out the Eclipse. I also agree you must have been very lucky to book that category cabin as I couldn't find it available even though I looked way out to April 2011.

It doesn't compare favourably with the NCL double bedroom cabins. The latter have 2 bathrooms, one of which has a bathtub. I am rather disappointed.

The description doesn't say that there is a Pullman in the small bedroom but it makes sense to have one rather than resort to converting the sofa.

I might go for 2 cabins instead.

Could anyone tell me the difference between a S1 and a S2 Sky suite, please? They seem exactly the same. Is the difference to do with the location on the ship perhaps?

How do I find out if there is an interconnecting door between the cabins?

We have had the pleasure of having the FV 2 x, one last year and one for 2010, both on the Summit. Frankly we LOVED the space and balcony was to die for. The price is as good as a balcony room. The cabin has 2 rooms, one bed room with a queen bed and a living room with 2 couches that make a twin or a full. we are a family of 3 and we have never been turned down for FV. I have gotten both of mine on the web. You have to hunt and watch every day, and I mean everyday to see if one opens up. When one opens, take in(period). Frankly the reason we are back on the Summit is the room it is a suite price for tons and I mean tons of space.

Good luck and dont give up, i just booked our last week for a Mar 1 sail.

Thanks to everyone for the info. We just booked 9197 on Summit for Apr 3 2010 and were thrilled to find it available. We are a family of 5 with children ages 22, 18 and 16 so to find this cabin with the extra space was a huge blessing. I am sure that we will hear some noise from Deck 10 Aft, but since that is my husband's favorite spot on the ship for sundowners, we will now create our own experience one deck below!

We had room 9179 last year on the summit, what a great room, Huge balcony and lots of space. You have a private hallway that leads to your room and can store your luggage there. With 5 people that will be a plus. Lots and lots of storage space. you will love the room. At 500 pm the music from the bar up above begins and you get to hear it from you balcony. This was just such a nice plus. Enjoy that room. You can never go back to typical staterooms again.

Thanks to everyone for the info. We just booked 9197 on Summit for Apr 3 2010 and were thrilled to find it available. We are a family of 5 with children ages 22, 18 and 16 so to find this cabin with the extra space was a huge blessing. I am sure that we will hear some noise from Deck 10 Aft, but since that is my husband's favorite spot on the ship for sundowners, we will now create our own experience one deck below!

I think you will have a tight squeeze with 5 adult people. You will all fit on the Balcony but the cabin will be smaller than you are anticipating. Very small bathroom. You may want to think about also getting an inside cabin close by for sleeping purposes and showering and dressing.

I have to disagree with everyone. We had the same cabin, 5 adults would be ok. We have 3 adults and had lots of extra space, and I mean lots. My husband would be watching tv in the 'living room' teen daughter in the bed room and I on the veranda. Frankly, we never had a space issue and could have spent the cruise w/o seeing one another. We could have put 2 more people in w/o difficulty. I do agree the bathroom is the same as all bathrooms on ships, small. Thats a pain no matter how many people you have in a cabin (except on Disney of course!).

Archived