Price changes from week to week

Pop Tart

This, by no means is a complaint, but i was wondering why the prices would vary by a few hundred dollars pp from one week to another? I was checking out the prices for sailing anywhere from the beginning of Sept '10 to sometime in Nov '10. Why would there be a difference of $300 or more in this short time span? Just curious.

This, by no means is a complaint, but i was wondering why the prices would vary by a few hundred dollars pp from one week to another? I was checking out the prices for sailing anywhere from the beginning of Sept '10 to sometime in Nov '10. Why would there be a difference of $300 or more in this short time span? Just curious.

Our cruise in Oct for our cabin has gone up by 800.00 4 days ago. Today, another 100. I guess that means they are filling the ship. Who knows. I want to see it go down. ;)

Supply and demand. The goal is to maximize revenue on every cruise. If one week is selling faster than predicted, you hike the price a bit and the reverse if selling is slow. There is a whole team of people who have this job. Same as the airlines.

Bear in mind that for the first three months of Oasis sailings, she will be sailing with a passenger manifest no greater than 4200-4400 passengers. This has been done purposely and was widely purported by RCI personnel I met on my wonderful Labadee Extravaganza cruise Dec. 1st. (Ironing out the small problems...)

Further, as Allure (Oasis' sister ship) comes closer to fruition (Dec. 2010), Oasis' prices will decline somewhat for reasons of healthy competition. Remember, every weekend both ladies will attempt to have sold cabins to accommodate over 11 thousand passengers! Think sustainability! Pray for RCI. :)

Bear in mind that for the first three months of Oasis sailings, she will be sailing with a passenger manifest no greater than 4200-4400 passengers. This has been done purposely and was widely purported by RCI personnel I met on my wonderful Labadee Extravaganza cruise Dec. 1st. :)

Which "personnel?" Like a waiter or something? My info is that they will go MUCH higher starting January 2 and even earlier IF people are willing to pay the high prices on the holiday trips.

The January sailings already have in excess of 6200 people booked per sailing.

Yes, this is probably in the ball park. Jan 2, for example, has 2648 cabins sold (paid for) with 3 1/2 weeks to go and with triples and quads will almost certainly go over 6000 total passenger count. I'm on January 9 which is similar and it really floored me when a previous poster speaking like he knows something wrote that RCCL will be sailing for months way under capacity. Once January comes, we will see how well the ship operates under sold out circumstances. Oh, and my source is someone who has access to exact numbers, not fictional "personnel."

Yes, this is probably in the ball park. Jan 2, for example, has 2648 cabins sold (paid for) with 3 1/2 weeks to go and with triples and quads will almost certainly go over 6000 total passenger count. I'm on January 9 which is similar and it really floored me when a previous poster speaking like he knows something wrote that RCCL will be sailing for months way under capacity. Once January comes, we will see how well the ship operates under sold out circumstances. Oh, and my source is someone who has access to exact numbers, not fictional "personnel."

How do you know how many cabins have sold for your cruise?

How do you know how many cabins have sold for your cruise?

Because I'm a travel agency owner and called someone. My reason for even being in this thread is that my customers see people posting irresponsible fiction here about how RCCL is going to sail way below capacity for several months and then they call me and ask for upgrades that don't exist. I'm posting for their benefit.

Archived