Back for help this will be the second cruise!! YAY!!!!

1sttimer2009

I went on a cruise in January 2009 on the Holiday as my first cruise and I just couldn't get it off my mind! So I talked my cousin into us taking our girls on a good grades cruise in Feb 2010. It will be the Triumph but I was thinking since it is their first time should we do the 4 or 5 day. It'll be 4 of us im 30, she's 33, 11,12. I've been reading and lurking for a couple of weeks now I was thinking Lido Deck so we won't be on the lower levels and I want to just kick back. Thinking about springing for a balcony. Opinions Needed!!! HELP!!! Ya'll really helped me out alot on my first cruise that I went with my husband on he vows to never cruise again so Im getting some different recruits!

Five day for sure...

You won't be able to get the kids out of Camp Carnival and you'd hate yourself for missing the extra day.

A balcony anywhere is great but the Lido Deck is wonderful. Just out your door, down the hall and BANG... there's all the fun!

Check the prices closely as the Lido Deck cabins are pricier than many on the ship.

:)

Five day for sure...

A balcony anywhere is great but the Lido Deck is wonderful. Just out your door, down the hall and BANG... there's all the fun!

:)

My first was a 5 Day Fantasy. I wouldn't even consider a 4 day now.

We were Ocean View the first time, but went with interior this time

since we basically only slept and showered in our cabin.

This time we chose the Lido, for the very reason mentioned!! (The BANG factor);)

44 Days and Counting!!:D

Thanks for all your help! I really want to go 5 but was thinking 4 would be good if they don't like it. I'm shooting for 5! My first cruise was free so since we're splitting the bill I figure we would go for the balcony b/c I didn't see that big of difference in the price since they are offerin a free upgrade in the rooms I saw. I am so excited! I haven't slept since I found out! I'm like a kid at Christmas!:D When we did Progresso/Coz on holiday I didn't get off at Prog just stayed on the ship and laid out it was fun! Ship was kinda empty and we were just hanging out. I'm thinking about getting off this time. The ppl I talked to said I basically didn't miss anything. Is that true?

Thanks for all your help! I really want to go 5 but was thinking 4 would be good if they don't like it. I'm shooting for 5! My first cruise was free so since we're splitting the bill I figure we would go for the balcony b/c I didn't see that big of difference in the price since they are offerin a free upgrade in the rooms I saw. I am so excited! I haven't slept since I found out! I'm like a kid at Christmas!:D When we did Progresso/Coz on holiday I didn't get off at Prog just stayed on the ship and laid out it was fun! Ship was kinda empty and we were just hanging out. I'm thinking about getting off this time. The ppl I talked to said I basically didn't miss anything. Is that true?

I love Progreso! It's old Mexico... no Senior Frog's... no Hard Rock but the malecon, the street that fronts the beach, is lined with great restuarants and bars...

IMG_2861.jpg

Lots of little places to shop at good prices! There's a double decker bus that takes you on a tour of Progreso for two bucks!!

IMG_2857.jpg

There were a bunch of our friends on the bus while we were at the beach drinkin' two dollar KILLER margaritas!!!

:D

Ditto on Progreso!!

We didn't even know about the double decker bus, and were too late to

book any excursions on the ship, so we just went walking around checking things out.

We ventured several blocks into town away from the malecon and saw the real local stuff.

It was friendly, safe feeling and just fun to see a real Mexican town.

Other than the shuttle bus off of the ship to town, we didn't even see the beach until we were leaving. We know better this time.

No "beach excursion" needed..it is just right there. About a block from where the shuttle drops you off at the market thing.

Archived