Nervous mom needs some help...

Daydrmr

DH and I are thinking of taking a 3 day cruise (kid free) on the sovereign. I am a little nervous about what we would do if something serious happened to the kids while we are gone. I think the only option for us to get home would be to wait until we were at a port and get a flight from there. Would this be the only option? The cruise goes to the Bahamas and I'm just wondering in an emergency situation would we be able to get out of there quickly? Would it be wise to purchase cruise insurance or would it not cover something like that.

Any advice or information you could give me would be greatly appreciated. We have never went this far away and left them before, so I am a little worried.

Thanks

Daydrmr

Mom

How old are the kids? Not too long ago there was a thread about the kids. After 20-30 posts it turned out that they were 19 and 20.

Whose watching them while you are gone? Are the kids comfortable with their caretaker?

You certainly would be able to take a flight from the Bahamas. Ask the coverage question before you buy the insurance and read the brochure when you get it.

In reality you are only going to be gone 64 hours from the time the ship shoves off until it docks again.

Relax and enjoy yourselves.

Charlie

Oh just cut the umbilical cord and go!!!!

The 2 of you can just pretend you are dating again.

That would do any marriage a world of good.

And just because I have this wierd sense of humor . . .

When you are on the cruise, you could make another

one just like the 2 you have at home. You know,

just incase something happens to them.

Go ahead & have a great time!!

DH and I are thinking of taking a 3 day cruise (kid free) on the sovereign. I am a little nervous about what we would do if something serious happened to the kids while we are gone. I think the only option for us to get home would be to wait until we were at a port and get a flight from there. Would this be the only option? The cruise goes to the Bahamas and I'm just wondering in an emergency situation would we be able to get out of there quickly? Would it be wise to purchase cruise insurance or would it not cover something like that.

Any advice or information you could give me would be greatly appreciated. We have never went this far away and left them before, so I am a little worried.

Thanks

Daydrmr

When my kids were little, the first time there were left with gramdma. the wife (now ex-wife) was all stressed out about leaving them, we went to a place where there were no phones (per cell phones) well two of my kids camew down with chicken poxs when we were gone. the bottem line Grandma knew what to do, and all my kids made it. as long as trust the person who will watch the kids everything should be covered, go and have a good time.

Bob

Thank you all for the replies. I know you are all right, I have been telling myself to just book it and stop worrying. They would be staying with my sister who I trust 100%, and would know exactly what to do if something happened, and it's not like we are going to be gone that long.

The kids are 15 yrs and 15 mos. The youngest is a souvenier from our last cruise, so thanks, but no thanks myurick, we have been there done that already!:)

Thank you all again.

Daydrmr

PS Does anyone know if we would be able to see the superbowl when we are on the cruise? We are looking at going on the Sovereign on 2/4.

Thanks

Archived