Oasis arrival in nassau

Tyron

We just arrived in Nassau....and I have to say, the welcome we've received has been the BEST of the three ports visited!!! :D:D:D

There are hundreds of people lined along the shores watching our arrival (in the rain).

The Carnival Sensation and Disney Wonder decks are lined with onlookers....

Capt Wright announced it'll take almost an hour for us to get situated with the multiple gangways, etc. We arrived early so debarkation will remain on schedule @ 1:00 p.m.

Hey Tyron

Thanks for the Pics and updates....Hope the Rain doesn't cause you too much pain.

Enjoy the remainded of your voyage

Hey Reg7! I hope u have just as much fun on this spectacular ship as I have....:cool::D

Rain, rain go away.... :rolleyes:

Hey Tyron, I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. It's 27 degrees in the Big Apple :eek:, I wish it was raining instead, lol.

Hope you post a review with more pictures :). May be sailing the Oasis next year, so looking forward to all reviews.

Hey Reg7! I hope u have just as much fun on this spectacular ship as I have....:cool::D

I can't wait......

If there was one thing for us to do...what would you recommend !!!

Eastern Cruise also...so any infor on ports would be great !

ok, the sun has finally come out...:D

reg, there is soooooo much to do on this ship until you actually need 2 weeks onboard just to scratch the surface....:cool:

Princess, I just word from home that the temps are in the 20's too....:eek:

chris & steve....i wish u two were still onboard so that i could've had an opportunity to sit and talk with you gentlemen.

i've noticed in all three ports, the oasis has the same dockside set up. custom made gangways that have all been put in place by hi lo's....and new security check points.

still no lines.....gotta love how RCI puts so much into making sure crowds are handle efficiently and effectively. :D

alright, time for my afternoon cocktail and do a little sightseeing in nassau.

just saw my good friend, emmy and her DH, rick....:)

Hey Mickey! :cool: Starboard side always....:D

Thanks...I ask for two reasons:

I always get a balcony off the starboard side for that reason (LOVE to watch the 5 o'clock sprint back to the ship), and

I had heard that they had docked on the port side in one of the earlier ports.

ok, the sun has finally come out...:D

reg, there is soooooo much to do on this ship until you actually need 2 weeks onboard just to scratch the surface....:cool:

Princess, I just word from home that the temps are in the 20's too....:eek:

chris & steve....i wish u two were still onboard so that i could've had an opportunity to sit and talk with you gentlemen.

i've noticed in all three ports, the oasis has the same dockside set up. custom made gangways that have all been put in place by hi lo's....and new security check points.

still no lines.....gotta love how RCI puts so much into making sure crowds are handle efficiently and effectively. :D

alright, time for my afternoon cocktail and do a little sightseeing in nassau.

just saw my good friend, emmy and her DH, rick....:)

Enjoy, enjoy. :D Can't wait for your review!

Thanks...I ask for two reasons:

I always get a balcony off the starboard side for that reason (LOVE to watch the 5 o'clock sprint back to the ship), and

I had heard that they had docked on the port side in one of the earlier ports.

From the original webcam photo of Oasis in St. Maarten it seemed like she had docked on her port side. But if you watch the timelapse that was posted you can clearly see she backed into the dock to have it on her starboard side.

Mickey, yes, she'll always dock on her starboard side. Luckily during our sailing, everyone arrived back on time so I missed the mad dash to the gangway. LOL

Suburbanette & viva-vegas, thanks 4 the pics! :cool:

janetz, after this sailing, you'll be seeing a boatload of reviews and pics. LOL

Archived