Ft. Lauderdale Jan 23 & 24th....help!

Mlascheid

I was wondering if anyone might know if there is anything big going on in Ft. Lauderdale this particular weekend?? I have tried Hyatt Pier 66, Hyatt place, Embassy Suites, and Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina and all are saying "sold out". I know that the Pro Bowl is the following weekend (Jan 31), and the Super Bowl is the weekend after that(Feb.7), but can't seem to find anyone who knows what is going on the 23rd! Thanks for any insight!

I did end up calling those hotels directly, and they were indeed sold out for that date. When I asked what the reason was, nobody seemed to know for sure!!! The only likely reason was that there are many support people(including media) who are likely arriving ahead of the Jan. 31 Pro Bowl and taking up the higher end hotels in Ft. Laud.(mostly in the downtown area).

So, I decided to try Priceline in the beach zone(instead of downtown), and decrease my desired level from 4* to a 3*. I started at $99, was asked to increase my bid by $22....I declined and only raised it $5. My bid was accepted for $104! Got the Bahia Mar. It should be just fine for a one night pre-cruise stay!

I did end up calling those hotels directly, and they were indeed sold out for that date. When I asked what the reason was, nobody seemed to know for sure!!! The only likely reason was that there are many support people(including media) who are likely arriving ahead of the Jan. 31 Pro Bowl and taking up the higher end hotels in Ft. Laud.(mostly in the downtown area).

So, I decided to try Priceline in the beach zone(instead of downtown), and decrease my desired level from 4* to a 3*. I started at $99, was asked to increase my bid by $22....I declined and only raised it $5. My bid was accepted for $104! Got the Bahia Mar. It should be just fine for a one night pre-cruise stay!

VERY cool!

We will be staying at the Bahia Mar Jan 22,23 and paid a lot more, but think its a great place to stay pre-cruise. Maybe we will see you there. Leaving on the 24th on the Emerald Princess. Looks like a great location.

Good Deal

We are at the Bahia Mar the previous week

Enjoy your cruise

hylasgirl..... I was just glad to get something at a reasonable rate for that night! Now I can rest easy and count down the days!!! Cold and rainy here in Pittsburgh!

kenseth....yes, it is in a nice location right across the street from the beach. We don't arrive until late afternoon but, we'll be the people sitting by the pool sipping tropical drinks while the kids swim!! Enjoy the Emerald Princess!

Archived