swimming with the dolphins

iratherbesailing

Eastern, Western, Southern Cribean or the Bahamas? If we know where you are going,we can help more by naming where to go. I know in Cozumel you can book your own swim in the national park, Chaunkanaub (sp?). This may be where the ship's tour go but it is less $$ here. We have watched it and it looked just great. Search here for info on swim with dolphins and were they are.

I would encourage anyone to at least read the link from the Humane Society

prior to booking one of these excursions.

http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/captive_marine/facts/swim_dolphins.html

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Agree with this post 100%. There is a research facility that has natural dolphin swims in Key Largo, Florida that has swims with non-captive dolphins. I am pretty sure that Discovery Cove at SeaWorld in Orlando treats dolphins well too.

Dolphin Academy...curacao!!! Absolutely fantastic! They have a great website. This was our best excursion in nine cruises. We took our kids (ages 18 and 21).It was worth every penny. Please feel free to ask any questions.-Kade

Dolphin Academy...curacao!!! Absolutely fantastic! They have a great website. This was our best excursion in nine cruises. We took our kids (ages 18 and 21).It was worth every penny. Please feel free to ask any questions.-Kade

Kadey,

Is the Dolphin Academy close to the ship? Would we take a taxi, bus or walk? Thanks for replying.

We were there last New Year's day on Holland America. I called Dolphin Academy and tried to book on our own. We were told that they didn't book any individual times while cruise ships were in port.They block off those times for passengers on the excursions. Of course ,the times that they had available for individuals was too late in the day for cruise passengers.We had no choice but to take the excursion. As I said before,it was worth every penny!The place is absolutely beautiful and the experience was wonderfully memorable.So... after this long paragraph..I'll answer your question! It's really not that that far from the port.We had the van driver from the excursion drop us back off in town when we were done. We were easily able to walk back to the ship from town.This was one of our favorite ports that we have ever visited in the Caribbean!

Archived