transportation help MIA

hlb76

Hi,

We are flying in one day pre cruise. We scored a free night at any extended stay companies ( Extended Stay deluxe, extended stay america, homestead suites, crossland economy studios or studioPlus). We normally stay at a hotel w/ free shuttle at least to the hotel. I see this year there are only 2 that have free shuttles. Yes we are very cheap when it comes to cabs and such.

This year we are traveling w/ another family cant not share a cab, as there will be 8 of us. The only issue is they are bringing there little guy and want to not bring a carseat. I am not sure what rules are w/ taxis vs shuttles or limos. So this might not be a option to leave the carseat.

Anyone with any suggestion on which hotels to stay at or a cheap way to get there. We dont have to split we could make it there separate as well but maybe renting a bigger vehicle might be cost effective.

Please any feed back will be a great help!!

homewood suites mia airport west offers free shuttle to hotel and and small fee per person to get to port, we prefer homewood over the others on your list, check out the hilton website and trip advisor for more information, we will be stayinf there later this week. I will post a review of hotel when we return

I did find a extended stay I think it was at the port of mia. The lady said it was a approx $30 cab ride from the airport and 10 min away from the port. Not sure what the cost would be.

She also said there was stores and food with in walking distance.

All 8 of us can not take one cab so each family would have to get there own, that is if the lil guy can ride in a cab w/o a car seat.

I just wonder if getting a big bus/van or limo would be better for us. I just dont know what companies to look for to get a quote.

Archived