-ladies - manicure question

carol allen

I'm sorry I don't know the cost either, but I've had to have them done on the ship (ran out of time before I left, broke a nail, etc). They don't really do a very good job and they are expensive! Try to get a good one before you leave!!

It is fun to get an 'up-do' on formal night tho!

Have fun and happy sailing!!

25 for a regular manicure and 45 for the full arm exfoliation included. Specify which one you want at booking.

I thought they did a good job. I always bring my own polish to the manicurist so I can touch up any chips.

if you go to one of the Spa-talks (I'ts like a walk-thru) before the ship sails --- They give you like a 25 % discount once you book some treatment or so .... It's to get people interested in what they have available.

I don't know if they stll do it but if you get there early enough you can sign up to be a demonstrator for the walk through and you get a free treatment. The down side is people are watching you and you have to have whatever the treatments they are featuring. It is a good way to see what a treatment is like though. When I did it I has an isothereme (sp?) treatment and my sister had a seaweed detox. We wish we had gotten there sooner though since the other lady with us got a stone massage!

I spent 36 days aboard the Pacific Princess, so it was necessary to get my fills. They do a horrible job with acrylics, but I was stuck. Cost - $45 plus tip. A pedicure is $68. I lived w/o the pedicure. Not worth it as far as I'm concerned.

These are current prices; debarked the PP Sept. 22nd.

Arlene

On the Coral over Christmas, I had the "Elemis Exotic Hand Ritual" which cost $45 + tip on a sea day. $40 + tip on a port day. That's what they call their spa manicure now. I agree with previous posters that it wasn't a very good manicure because the polish was chipping off in two days and I hadn't even been near a pool or a beach!

Didn't get a pedicure, but I have their price list and it states $61 sea day and $55 for port day.

DH and I had thought about getting the Stone Therapy (massage with hot stones), but the price was now $175 each! So we passed.

crisp1,

To address your question re prices, the Caribbean (and perhaps the Sapphire) spas are run directly by Princess -- but the other ships spas are run by Steiner. Since they have 2 different managers, it could be that the prices are different.

I don't use the spa services so cannot comment personally on the quality, but I've read many times that those using them were disappointed in their hairdos & nails. I feel they are all overpriced and are seldom as good as on land, so I take a day close to departure for pampering at my regular places. Since we've never been able to be away for more than a 15 day trip, this suffices for me.

Archived