Who has been to Bannister Beach lately?

RN1986

We were there a few weeks ago. It was nice, the sand was like powder. The facilities were clean. The water was nice and shallow for kids. Anything specific you want to know?

Could you snorkel from the beach or was it just sand? Do they have floaty mats? How much for drinks/food? Any other things you can think of would be helpful. Thanks

Absolutely GEORGEOUS!! Just returned yesterday. We went through Eco tours. I suppose you could snorkel off the island, but not sure how much you will see. We only did the beach option. No charge for chairs, $2 for sodas, reasonable prices for food. They have kayaks, and I did see floating mats but I didn't inquire about them. I am sure they would be included. This was by far my favorite excursion of the trip. We did not book ahead of time, they were right off the pier and grabbed us. Fantastic!

You have to use a tour group or go with your ship's excursion. There are only 2 tour operators that actually go there (per Coral Breeze). We are on your NYE sailing and booked through ecotours if you want to join us. We picked the 10:00 departure since I have boys who like to sleep late!

We were there a few weeks ago. It was nice, the sand was like powder. The facilities were clean. The water was nice and shallow for kids. Anything specific you want to know?

Is there any walk in snorkleing on this beach?

• 1 month later...
Absolutely GEORGEOUS!! Just returned yesterday. We went through Eco tours. I suppose you could snorkel off the island, but not sure how much you will see. We only did the beach option. No charge for chairs, $2 for sodas, reasonable prices for food. They have kayaks, and I did see floating mats but I didn't inquire about them. I am sure they would be included. This was by far my favorite excursion of the trip. We did not book ahead of time, they were right off the pier and grabbed us. Fantastic!

thanks for the info!

i was wondering if you had to pre-book or if you could decide at the last minute.

i am not interested in spending an entire day at the beach if the weather is not going to be good, so i don't want to commit until i see the forecast!

i know the excursions urge you to book in advance to "make sure you have a spot". however, i'm not really willing to spend $75-$100 on a windy/cool/rainy day at the beach!!!

i think i'll take my chances.

KimberLee - Since you went yesterday, you are the perfect person to ask. How long did it take you once you left your ship to get to Bannister? I only ask because we will be traveling with a group with some small children. I really wish Carnival still did this excursion themselves! Thanks in advance for your reply.

KimberLee - Since you went yesterday, you are the perfect person to ask. How long did it take you once you left your ship to get to Bannister? I only ask because we will be traveling with a group with some small children. I really wish Carnival still did this excursion themselves! Thanks in advance for your reply.

We just cruised with carnival a couple weeks ago on the dream. I booked their snorkel/beach break. After snorkeling for about 45 min, they brought us over to Bannister Island for about an hour. It was great because the a boat picks you up right at the ship rather than tendering into town. The description of the tour from carnival does not state its Bannister Island. Also says its a catamaran which it wasn't, just a 2 level boat. Hope this helps!

is there alcoholic beverages available? Do you need cash?

Does the RCCL ship's excursion really depart at 7am?

Hi Maria

We are on the same cruise. I have been looking into this ship's excursion as well.

The ship arrives in Belize at 7am, I do not see anywhere that that is when the excursion departs. It is a 4 hour excursion.

The independent tours are only $4 less and are one hour less. It would seem that you would tender to the island right from the ship.

We may do this.

We were just at Bannister Island on 1/27 and the beach is beautiful. We did the beach through an excursion through the ship. There were umbrellas (although not a lot) and they had alcoholic drinks available. I paid by credit card for those. I would go back there in a heartbeat as it was a great day.

We were just at Bannister Island on 1/27 and the beach is beautiful. We did the beach through an excursion through the ship. There were umbrellas (although not a lot) and they had alcoholic drinks available. I paid by credit card for those. I would go back there in a heartbeat as it was a great day.

Did you go through the ship's excursion or ecotours?

Archived