QMS Queens Grille Suite Question

mgg42

Almost.

In the main, the Q5s have lifeboats below, the Q6s don't. That isn't a golden rule, but it is generalisation.

That seems kind of backwards. The Q5's are more expensive than the Q6's. Did you mean that the other way around? I can't see a lifeboat below being a selling point.

That seems kind of backwards. The Q5's are more expensive than the Q6's. Did you mean that the other way around? I can't see a lifeboat below being a selling point.

The Q5s are more central (and therefore more stable) hence the higher price. The lifeboats are also central.

The view is not obstructed, save for downwards.

The Q5s are more central (and therefore more stable) hence the higher price. The lifeboats are also central.

The view is not obstructed, save for downwards.

Aaah! That makes more sense. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the appeal of having a lifeboat below was!:D

We had 9065, a Q6 by the D Staircase at the back. Fantastic location for where we spent most of the day - Queens Grill, Queens Grill Bar, Grill Passengers Deck. Don't tell Cunard, but we considered this a far better position than most of the Q5's and would book this location of cabin over all others in future cruises. It was also nice not to look down onto a lifeboat. Enjoy whichever you choose, they are fantastic cabins and we felt very privileged being in one. Sue

We had 9065, a Q6 by the D Staircase at the back. Fantastic location for where we spent most of the day - Queens Grill, Queens Grill Bar, Grill Passengers Deck. Don't tell Cunard, but we considered this a far better position than most of the Q5's and would book this location of cabin over all others in future cruises. It was also nice not to look down onto a lifeboat. Enjoy whichever you choose, they are fantastic cabins and we felt very privileged being in one. Sue

Hi Sue

My sentiments exactly about the aft Q6s - the lifeboat was in the way in 9036 (your old stateroom!) - ok at sea but blocking the view when in port - great they are on deck too.

Crane

Sound advice, particularly in my case.

JC jumps into lifeboat = one lifeboat with large hole in bottom.

J

When I did my North Sea survival course in Aberdeen many years ago we were required to do just that, step off a platform about 15ft above the bath. The bath being 10ft deep and my eye level being about 5'6" that made the apparent height approx 30ft. That doesn't sound much but imagine standing on the roof of an average house. There was no way my brain was going to make my legs take the neccessary step. As it was a requirement, I got the instructors (ex marines and big with it) to 'crowd' me over the edge, they were not allowed to push although I could see from their eyes they would rather have thrown us off. (Bloody soldiers!).

However, if the ship was in imminent danger of foundering I'm sure my brain would make the neccessary short circuit to the said legs.

An Acrophobic Hydrophobic Gari.

Actually, for someone like myself who hates heights it is far better to look down on a lifeboat than a long drop to the sea. I can't even go the edge of a balcony unless there is something not far below, be it a lifeboat or another deck.

And that is exactly why I always choose steerage. It helps those of us who are fearful of heights. You should try it way down there. There is not one trace of batophobia to be found.

Well, you're not expected to wash in steerage. Just so long as you can play the fiddle and dance on the tables, and take your turn on the oars when required :D

J

Excuse me there is no typo. i got it from a very good source , called Wiki. Batophobia is the fear of the Grills, I think.

Excuse me there is no typo. i got it from a very good source , called Wiki. Batophobia is the fear of the Grills, I think.

A thousand apologies. Now that you have cited such a reputable academic source, I totally concede the point. :D

J

Archived