Rotterdam Tour Guide

GoVolsTB

We will be stopping in Rotterdam in early May and would like to tour to Keukenhof and Delft. Would also like to see Kinderdijk if possible. Has anyone used a private guide in Rotterdam?? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

We will be stopping in Rotterdam in early May and would like to tour to Keukenhof and Delft. Would also like to see Kinderdijk if possible. Has anyone used a private guide in Rotterdam?? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I never used a guide since I live in The netherlands, but this link gives you names and information of certified guides.

http://www.guidor.nl/gidsen/en/overview-guides

By clicking on their names you can see where there live or will travel.

I hope this helps.

Obviously you know what you want to see and that is great, but to try to fit all three of these great attractions in one day in port may be too much.

To reach Kinderdijk by taxi is always possible but not really worthwhile. The best way to see the windmills is from the canal that runs along some of them. So, I would recommend the tour boat listed in the thread below.

Going to Keukenhof in early May should be your first priority. It is great! To do this from Rotterdam is not simple unless you go with a tour company. Yes, you could take a train and transfer by bus to Lisse, etc, but it is not easy. However, a tour guide and bus can also take you back via Delft, a marvelous 'hidden treasure' with canals and history to somewhat match Amsterdam on a small scale.

If you want to just see the sights of Rotterdam go to the following thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1083102&highlight=kinderdijk

• 1 month later...

I am traveling with my mother who is 86, we would like to see some of the country side maybe some small towns on a 4 or 5 hour tour with little walking as she tires easily and we use a small travel wheelchair. Anyone have any ideas. I saw a taxi/tour one man cab listed on on of Heinbloed pages. Regretfully he was already booked. Anyone have any recommendations.

Archived