How often do airlines create new flights??

Maddy

I have been watching airfare from Boston to San Juan for March 6th for a couple months. My question is this: I see that several of the flights that are in my time frame are getting full. Once these flights are full, will the carrier create more flights to offer at the same time frames? Essentially I am asking should I wait to buy them with the chance at finding a new flights on sale, or book now before all the early morning flights are gone?

I have been watching airfare from Boston to San Juan for March 6th for a couple months. My question is this: I see that several of the flights that are in my time frame are getting full. Once these flights are full, will the carrier create more flights to offer at the same time frames? Essentially I am asking should I wait to buy them with the chance at finding a new flights on sale, or book now before all the early morning flights are gone?

I seriously doubt you will see more flights added. Normally, additional flights get added during peak travel months. The AA 920am flight on the 6th is practically empty as is the AA 635pm flight returing on the 13th. I don't think you will see much better than $388.

Ok.. thats good to know. That is the flight I have been watching. I have been trying to find a better return flight sometime in the morning. I really dont wont to return to Boston at 9 at night, and then have a 3 hour drive home. I have to be home that night. Thanks for the help!:p

Oh thank goodness I waited just a few more days.. The earlier morning flight I really wanted came to the same price as the one I planned on booking because it was less expensive. However, no window seats left. hehe ..

Don't fret too much about the lack of window seats. The airline holds back a fair percent (usually something around 30%) for assigment at checkin - make sure to get there early and they'll probably be able to give you a window seat.

Enjoy your cruise

-bb123

PS - this also shows the importance of the "when you see the airfare you want, buy it RIGHT THEN!!!" mentality!

I bought e-tickets.. something I have never done before. A friend who only uses this type tells me when I check at one of the kiosks, I can change seats if I see a window available at that time. I wasnt assigned a seat nor asked to choose one at the time of booking. However, I did go in and choose 2 just to unsure that hubby and I will be seated together in the event I cant pick others.

Archived