Recommend a catamaran tour

fishstyx

We absolutely loved Captain Ron and Sara his mate . We found him easy to contact during booking , you just give him a call . From us he took no deposit and helped me with any problems . My whole family now considers them friends , Small and intimate tour just us 6 and 6 others from England great day at any price . Great sights and yummy food ! Oh yeah Ron was cheaper than all other tours , I checked . Awesome guy and we will use him again next year . About Sarah , I don't know where you find dynamic , smart help like this but she definitely is the best we've seen on maybe 20 excursions.

She is an overly experienced diver that loves to show you the turtles and shipwrecks . Have fun! Ted I googled Capt Ron Barbados to find them after reading these boards.

We just returned from an 11 day cruise. The very best excursion we took was with Gina on her catamaran Calabaza. I think it can be reached at sailcalabaza.com or just put Calabaza Bridgetown in search. Gina modestly told us she served lunch. What she didn't say was she serves delicious home cooked food from the time you board her beautiful and extremely comfortable boat (great head) until you leave. Her son Dan is the skipper and they took us to snorkel to two beautiful sites where we saw and touched huge turtles and beautiful tropical fish. They take a maximum of 12 people (we had 10) so they have time to give everyone attention. The charge was $100.00 and well worth every penny.

• 1 month later...

When in Barbados last week, we used Shasa for a catamaran sail and snorkel excursion. For $60pp, we did the 3-hour cruise and had an awesome time! Jason and his wife Tess were so friendly and great to work with. They were very prompt in responding to emails, gave clear instructions on where and when to meet at the port, transportation to and from the ship was included, and they provided us with a wonderful sail along the beautiful Barbados coast and a fabulous time snorkeling with the sea turtles and at a reef as well. (We did not have lunch, but the others that were with us said the food was plentiful and delicious. It was catered, and they had flying fish, bbq chicken, etc) Although the catamaran itself is a bit smaller than some of the others you may see, we preferred the more intimate atmosphere and great personalized service with Shasa. There was more than enough room for the 7 of us on board, and Jason said they never take any more than 12 people. We thoroughly enjoyed our excursion with Shasa and would not hesitate to use them again when we return to Barbados.

When in Barbados last week, we used Shasa for a catamaran sail and snorkel excursion. For $60pp, we did the 3-hour cruise and had an awesome time! Jason and his wife Tess were so friendly and great to work with. They were very prompt in responding to emails, gave clear instructions on where and when to meet at the port, transportation to and from the ship was included, and they provided us with a wonderful sail along the beautiful Barbados coast and a fabulous time snorkeling with the sea turtles and at a reef as well. (We did not have lunch, but the others that were with us said the food was plentiful and delicious. It was catered, and they had flying fish, bbq chicken, etc) Although the catamaran itself is a bit smaller than some of the others you may see, we preferred the more intimate atmosphere and great personalized service with Shasa. There was more than enough room for the 7 of us on board, and Jason said they never take any more than 12 people. We thoroughly enjoyed our excursion with Shasa and would not hesitate to use them again when we return to Barbados.

I was also on Shasa last week and I also highly recommend them! I believe there were 12 (limit) of us on the catamaran and we did the 5 hour sail with lunch. The lunch was fabulous and we did not feel crowded, but some people do have to be out on the net area rather than on a seat under cover. There were plenty of us that wanted that area, so there was no problem. You won't be disappointed booking with Tess and Jason on Shasa.

Debr

HIGHLY recommend Silvermoon.

We went last February ('09). I did my due diligence and settled on Silvermoon because it appeared it was somewhat smaller than many of their competitors.

I think we had 14+- on our Cat. PLENTY of room. They served breakfast, lunch, open bar. We even caught a fish on the way out to snorkel! At the turtle snorkeling sites, there were other Cat's with people literally stuffed into them. Again, ours had plenty of room.

They mixed up frozen pina colada's/daiquiris for the cruise home.

I'll do it again when/if we go back to Barbados.

For those of you arriving via a cruise ship in Barbados I can only suggest the best possible option for a day of snorkeling with the sea turtles, seeing the beautiful coral reefs and beautiful waters of the area with http://www.calabazasailingcruises.com/. Contact Gina for a private or semi private excursion. This day trip was wonderfully relaxing and fun. Gina and her son Danny will be there to tend to your every need and Calli/Salli will share with you all the wonderful trivia he knows about the island and it's celebrities. My husband and I along with 2 friends booked this excursion for the snorkeling but quite honestly fell in love with the crew and the boat. We did not want to leave the calm seas and sunshine. Would we recomend this excursion? Absolutely. Do you get what you pay for? Absolutely. What is on the menu? Fresh baked banana bread, fish cakes and a buffet lunch, brownies for desert. All the local bear, rum punch, virgin punch and sodas you like. Would we do it again? ABSOLUTELY and you should too.

We just returned Sunday from the Carnival Victory and our day in Barbados on the Heatwave out of the Boatyard was absolutely awesome. It was only 75.00 and included transportation and the option of staying on the beach afterwards if you wanted. An open bar (sodas for us since we don't drink) and lunch was included in the price. The crew was fun and constantly wanted to get you a drink or food. The lunch of swordfish, lasagna, and chicken kabobs with fresh side dishes was delicious. We did have about 25 people on board but did not feel crowded. After going on a day sail in St. Thomas with only 4 other people who were very boring (Isalnd Girl), it was so fun to be with a group of people wanting to enjoy the day. Snorkeling was great and seeing the turtles an experience. Swam into a beach after lunch. I couldn't recommend them highly enough. Go HEATWAVE!!!!

We did this in October. It's the BEST thing you will ever do. Five hours of relaxation and being waited on hand and foot.

Gina makes a homemade buffet for lunch and snacks for the entire day. Kallie and Dan treat you like royalty. They are great. My daughter said it was the best day of her life.

You get to swim with sea turtles, snorkel some shipwrecks, go off to a private area for lunch (this is where my daughter and I swam up to the beach) and just really enjoy the day.

Book it! It's worth every penny!!!!!

We did this in October. It's the BEST thing you will ever do. Five hours of relaxation and being waited on hand and foot.

Gina makes a homemade buffet for lunch and snacks for the entire day. Kallie and Dan treat you like royalty. They are great. My daughter said it was the best day of her life.

You get to swim with sea turtles, snorkel some shipwrecks, go off to a private area for lunch (this is where my daughter and I swam up to the beach) and just really enjoy the day.

Book it! It's worth every penny!!!!! Tell them Theresa from Nashville, TN sent you.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, we'll take the same cruise with shasa in march. i want to know after this 3 hours cruise with her, where can we go? we'd like to some beach, like bottom bay, is it possible?

• 3 weeks later...

We are just back from the Victory on Sunday. We sailed with Gina, Danny and Callie on Calabaza. They were wonderful! It was also the best tour of our trip. Gina was super easy to book with. All three of them were wonderful hosts, they made all of us feel at home. Best yet, when I got home, all Gina's delicious recipes were in my e-mail.

I would not hestiate to book with Calabaza again.

Leah

• 4 weeks later...
I don't know about Silvermoon, but Shasa does. We're booked with them for this month and we have a 1-1/2, 2-1/2 and 5 YO with us. They said, "no problem".

Would love to hear your experience with the kids! We are doing this same tour in June with our 6 year old.

Thanks!

Has anyone done one of these with kids? I'm wondering if they take 3 yr olds.

I don't know about 3-year olds, but there was a family on our Shasa cruise with a 5-year-old boy. He got in the water and snorkeled and everything, and had a great time. Jason had a life vest for him.

Would love to hear your experience with the kids! We are doing this same tour in June with our 6 year old.

Thanks!

We just returned. We had 18 people which meant two catamarans. We had Jason for ours with the 5 YO and 2-1/2 YO. Jason was excellent with the kids and with the non snorkelers and not strong swimmers.

My adult friend is a weak swimmer and can't get her ears wet. Jason had a safety device for her to hang on to and kept her close. He dove down and got her the pictures she wanted. He gathered both groups together to keep every one infomed and safe. He made sure he knew where the littles ones were - as well as the big ones.

I got in trouble :) because I get trying to get the 5 YO to swim back to the boat and he said that was his job LOL.

At all times he made sure everyone was safe and having the best time. We managed to see a whale jump and blow - and the turtles were absolutely amazing.

I would highly recommend the trip for all ages.

Archived