horse back riding in St Marten?

Kiwi51

We used Bayside Riding Club. It was fantastic.Our guide Michael was wonderful and the horses are very well taken care of. You take a ride through The Nature Marine Reserve and then you can take them for a swim at Le Gallion Beach. Here are a couple of pics from our trip. I highly recommend them!

http://www.baysideridingclub.com

104_0159.jpg

104_0135.jpg

We don't ride, but I would also recommend Bayside.

The other operation that I am aware of is Lucky Stables, and it is located in an industrial area.

Even though the owner, Roderick Halley, is doing some good things with the Seaside Nature Park, I went over to see for myself a couple months ago, and what I observed is nothing like what is available at Bayside.

th_DSCN6066.jpg

(click)

More photos here.

gary

Hey Kiwi ,

We rode with Lucky Stables about 2 years ago. We always travel with our kids (and other peoples) , so we started our day at Orient Beach . Our ride was scheduled for like 2pm so we left them there at Orient with grandpa and headed to the Dutch side where they are located about 1/2 hr from Orient .

It was a very professional stable with great horses and wonderful guides , a bit over protective , I guess they have to be . Our group of about 10 consisted of all beginners but us . Running here is not an option.

Last month we went to Bayside stables again very professional and great horses . The wife and I went out alone with a guide and just ran full tilt all over, up the beaches through nature trails much more scenery . But the biggest difference for us is that Bayside is at Le Gallion beach . When we were done our hour and a half ride we went literally next door to the butterfly farm , also real cool . From there we walked 1/4 mile up the street to the gorgeous beach ,rented some chairs and it was still only 12:30 when we got to our beach chairs. Bayside cost 210 US for 2 people hour and a half. I believe these two stables are the only options . Have Fun! Ted

Archived