Do we feel lucky!!!

About a month ago I saw a deal of the century. $539 per person for a 4 night late January Caribbean cruise in JS on the Grandeur out of Tampa, just up the street from our house. Grabbed it, waited for the SO to agree and she did, booked it. Total $1160.

Just like everybody here, I kept on checking for price drop but something was telling me that it will not happen. The same cruise just before and after was going for ~$699+ for JS. We felt lucky already. Then it got better. We booked a side facing JS but about 2 weeks later(final payment time) an aft facing JS opened up and I was able to grab it.

Then about a week ago, the price for JS went up to ~$650 per and today it's up to $899 plus taxes per, so it's ~$800+ more for the same cabin that we had originally.

Some look for price drop, I believe we got it way back when... :D

The point? Grab a cabin when it's within your budget. Don't think it's going to get better, it may, but it could also get much worse.

I noticed that on the Grandeur myself. I booked my college aged kids and their S.O's for early jan right after final payment was due. Price was so low, I grabbed it.

All it's done is gone up since then, except for one Tues sale a few weeks ago.

It's a limited market in Tampa. Our kids will be down visiting family and although I originally wanted to put them on the freedom out of port canaveral, the price wasn't low enough that I could justify doing so.

Between airfare, a few days at an amusement park,visiting family and a cruise it was going to turn into a very pricey winter break/christmas from college.

So, they said inside cabins on the grandeur would be great. And great it is, for my bank account...LOL :D

Kids get more expensive each year. And add in girlfriends and boyfriends and you run out of money even quicker :eek:

Archived