Packing help please...leave in 11 days!

samnsky

We depart on our first cruise on 12/27. We are sailing on the Carnival Legend to the Western Carribean. I am having a hard time packing. It is my husband, myself and our daughters, ages 7 and 3. My daughters were the easy ones to pack. :) My main question is in regards to dinner. For the formal nights, my husband has a shirt and tie for each formal dinner and I have a dress and dressy capris/top. It is the informal nights I am having issue with. Are you allowed to wear jeans and a nice top for those dinner nights? If not, what can you wear? The days I think I have. I have mixed/matched shorts and tops for both my husband and I. Any packing advice would be appreciated.

Here is something that might help:

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

For fancy night I advise to have glitter or some kind of fancy outfit Because you are going during the Holidays expect people to be dressed up.For casual night Capris and nice tops are fine ,skirts dresses ..NO JEANS Bring a few flowered shirts or tops for Caribbean night

Bring 1 jogging suit each for cool days

Wraps or shawls for outfits

1 suit for hubby shirts and ties

That is what I bring for holiday cruises

Enjoy

We depart on our first cruise on 12/27. We are sailing on the Carnival Legend to the Western Carribean. I am having a hard time packing. It is my husband, myself and our daughters, ages 7 and 3. My daughters were the easy ones to pack. :) My main question is in regards to dinner. For the formal nights, my husband has a shirt and tie for each formal dinner and I have a dress and dressy capris/top. It is the informal nights I am having issue with. Are you allowed to wear jeans and a nice top for those dinner nights? If not, what can you wear? The days I think I have. I have mixed/matched shorts and tops for both my husband and I. Any packing advice would be appreciated.

Sounds to me like you have everything under control. Yes, jeans are acceptable according to Carnival's dress code.

Have a great cruise!!

JEANS ARE OKAY. We were on Legend in September and I noticed people were more dressed for formal nights than prior cruises. I like to dress up for those nights. You won't need as much clothes for day as you will spend most of the time in your swim suit and cover up.

Just a thought . . . jeans weigh a lot more than a casual pair of slacks in other materials. With the airlines now charging an arm and leg if your bag is a pound over 50 pounds . . . the clothes that weigh less are better. For dinners, I myself bring one pair of black "slinky material" slacks (weigh next to nothing) and one pair of white lightweight slacks. I take about five lightweight tops to go with the slacks. For the two "dressy" nights . . . I take one pair of "fly away" slacks and two dressy tops. You can always wear the same pair of slacks (or capris) several times as long as you wear different tops . . . no one knows (not that anyone would care anyway).

My former husband would take a couple pairs of long pants and several Polo shirts for casual dinners. For the two "formal" dinners (this was about twelve years ago when everyone dressed to the nines for formal nights) . . . he would just rent a tux on board. These days . . . a shirt and tie and jacket would be more than enough for those two dressy dinners.

Whatever you take . . . just think lightweight . . . :p

Archived