Local Beer

JOHN 57

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the microbrewery is called Old Harbor Brewery Steak & Lobster House. It's located at 202 Tizol St., Old San Juan. The hours are 11:30 am to 1:00 am, daily. It looks like they have 5 different varieties, one of those being seasonal. Sampler it is for me!

We're hoping to go there when we sail on the Victory too.

John 57 - What is your sail date? Ours is February 7th, 2010.

• 4 months later...
I really liked the Medallia beer. What's the deal with the little 10 oz cans though?!

When we were in Aruba they served their local beer, balashi, in a ten ounce bottle. I was told the reason they serve beer in the small bottles is so that when you get to the bottom of the bottle the beer is still cold. Sounds like a marketing ploy

• 1 month later...

In PR, just like in many other Caribbean islands, they can only sell 10 oz cans or bottles. You will not see 12 oz beer containers. This is an old rule that apparently drinking 10 oz will not get you as drunk as drinking 12 oz.

No, I'm not kidding...look it up.

In PR, just like in many other Caribbean islands, they can only sell 10 oz cans or bottles. You will not see 12 oz beer containers. This is an old rule that apparently drinking 10 oz will not get you as drunk as drinking 12 oz.

No, I'm not kidding...look it up.

I'm sorry, but that's not correct. Imported beers are sold in 12 oz bottles (I have some Sam Adams in my fridge right now) & Grolsch is 15.2 oz (have some of those too :D). Medalla is a cheap beer and it's sold in the smaller cans so it can be sold even more cheaply.

Archived