LGA Stay, park and fly

asylum575

Check out these sites.

If you're interested in a particular hotel, post again to get the New Yorkers opinion of the hotel.

I would do a park/fly. The cheapest parking I am seeing is $15/day, which would be $120 for 8 days. That seems to be offsite, so you have to allow for time to find it plus time to get back to the terminal plus whatever the driving time is from where you live in Rockland County plus "just in case" time for NY traffic problems. So unless you live in Nyack, you're looking at leaving around 3 am. Also, factor in the weather issue. For sure it will be freezing cold in the middle of the night in February, so imagine yourselves in a deserted parking lot with all your luggage waiting for a shuttle bus that probably doesn't run every 5 minutes at 4:30 am. At worst, it will snow in which case you really want to spend the night at LaGuardia.

At that hour on a Sunday morning, we can make Laguardia in about 45 minutes. Snow is the big question. I figure leave the house by 3:30 and hope to be in the terminal by 5am. Check in, grab breakfast and go through security. Limo/car service is $100+ each way.

Weather will be the determining factor.

At that hour on a Sunday morning, we can make Laguardia in about 45 minutes. Snow is the big question. I figure leave the house by 3:30 and hope to be in the terminal by 5am. Check in, grab breakfast and go through security. Limo/car service is $100+ each way.

Weather will be the determining factor.

You might want to consider one way car rentals. Somethimes those rates are cheaper than parking.

Archived