Life Jacket Drill

tarheel04

Just read a review of someone off of the liberty and they stated the usual life jacket drill had been cancelled. Is this true? Can someone explain?

It's called "muster drill" now. Leave the life jackets in your cabin. You'll be reporting to your station inside the ship. You can bring your drink, and they don't take roll call. It is a complete and total waste of time. Honestly, I don't know how it can meet the Coast guards' requirements.

It's called "muster drill" now. Leave the life jackets in your cabin. You'll be reporting to your station inside the ship. You can bring your drink, and they don't take roll call. It is a complete and total waste of time. Honestly, I don't know how it can meet the Coast guards' requirements.

Think about how much complaining goes on now, compared to how much there

would be if people had to soberly pay attention and really

know what was said and how to respond to an emergency.:rolleyes:

I think that the drill should be optional. Having said that, i also think that if you do attend, you are given a ticket that entitles you to be evacuated first in case of an emergency. Those that do not attend and don't know what the h_ _ l to do could wait in their cabin till after we are safely off the ship. Then they can figure out what they are to do....:rolleyes:

On the Dream.....

it was called a "Safety Drill".

You did not take your jacket....you also DID NOT GO OUTSIDE!! woo hoo

Our Muster Station was in the Encore theater...second level and we sat and watched a film and watched the crew members put on their life vests...and THAT WAS IT!!

It is my understanding that is headed out fleetwide...but until all the ships get the video etc....I am sure they will be doing a modified version that will vary from ship to ship.

ALSO....folks...if your Muster Station is the dining room....don't mess with the tables that are already set for dinner. Don't allow your children to play with the silverware or napkins.

Way to many tables are having to be REDONE....because some moron was never taught the manners .... "if it isn't yours...don't touch it!!!!"

I think that the drill should be optional. Having said that, i also think that if you do attend, you are given a ticket that entitles you to be evacuated first in case of an emergency. Those that do not attend and don't know what the h_ _ l to do could wait in their cabin till after we are safely off the ship. Then they can figure out what they are to do....:rolleyes:

It should not be an option or taken lightly at all contrary to YOUR thinking....this is a serious topic that all passengers should attend and be accounted for in my eyes. Only a fool will take it lightly IMHO. I don't necessarily enjoy going thru the entire process, but it is important in my eyes and will contiinue to follow that requirement while cruising for MY safety and MY families. To each his or her own.

Just the drill -- but they still somehow made it fun last cruise. Not to worry - no worse than the speach on a flight. How bad can 20 minutes out of 1 week be? HA! Just enjoy your time on the water... Dancindules

my thinking exactly and beats waiting in line to board the ship which we must do too !

We just got back the other day & we were NOT allowed to bring food or drink, but it was nice not to have to bring the life vest.

They said that on the Imagination too. But they didn't enforce it. All the guys out by the pool came in with open beers and carrying their buckets of suds. Lots of folks were sitting around sipping their fancy drinks too.

Heck, I don't care. It just bugs me some because Carnival is wasting my precious time by only "going through the motions" on this silly drill.

They said that on the Imagination too. But they didn't enforce it. All the guys out by the pool came in with open beers and carrying their buckets of suds. Lots of folks were sitting around sipping their fancy drinks too.

Heck, I don't care. It just bugs me some because Carnival is wasting my precious time by only "going through the motions" on this silly drill.

And I bet you say the same regarding the safety drill when flying... Geeeeeesh ! :rolleyes:

It should not be an option or taken lightly at all contrary to YOUR thinking....this is a serious topic that all passengers should attend and be accounted for in my eyes. Only a fool will take it lightly IMHO. I don't necessarily enjoy going thru the entire process, but it is important in my eyes and will contiinue to follow that requirement while cruising for MY safety and MY families. To each his or her own.

Please read my post again....you apparently don't understand sarcasm when you read it....:rolleyes:

I'm wondering if the people complaining about having their time wasted going to the drills would be the first to sue Carnival in the event there was an emergency and they neglected to have a drill to let everyone know what to do?

On the Dream.....

it was called a "Safety Drill".

You did not take your jacket....you also DID NOT GO OUTSIDE!! woo hoo

Our Muster Station was in the Encore theater...second level and we sat and watched a film and watched the crew members put on their life vests...and THAT WAS IT!!

It is my understanding that is headed out fleetwide...but until all the ships get the video etc....I am sure they will be doing a modified version that will vary from ship to ship.

ALSO....folks...if your Muster Station is the dining room....don't mess with the tables that are already set for dinner. Don't allow your children to play with the silverware or napkins.

Way to many tables are having to be REDONE....because some moron was never taught the manners .... "if it isn't yours...don't touch it!!!!"

Hey LHP.....We were in the Scarlet Dining room for the safety drill and everyone laughed and looked around at the end of the drill. The safety drill was piped into us there and at the end saying "Thank you for watching the video" was ROFLMAO funny. There are no screens in the DR......:D

Now onto the subject. I love not having to take the life jacket. Most of the time it looks more like a tripping hazard (people leaving the ties undone ) than anything else when the drill is done. Many cruiselines I have been on for years have done the drill in lounges throughout the ship though you had to bring the jacket.

Gathering everyone in someplace that people know as opposed to trying to get them to a muster station makes sense. I am very familiar with ships and still would get a touch confused getting there.....

Thank you for watching the video.....LMAO......:D

And I bet you say the same regarding the safety drill when flying... Geeeeeesh ! :rolleyes:

Geeeeesh yourself. There is no room on a plane to lift up the seats and practice using them as a floatation device. And the PA is so loud, you can't ignore it. But on a carnival ship there is ample room to put on the vests and make the time count. But they choose not to. The folks demonstrating barely cared, and the half of the guests wouldn't shut up. The time was worthless.

If the cruiselines thought it was so serious they shouldn't open their bars until after the drill..........instead the booze is flowing for what... at least 5 hours before a safety drill:confused: What a joke IMO.........

Archived