Snorkeling at Megan's Bay?

cruzmom

I did not see any gear for rent there. Snorkling not that great there but you can along eastern side.

Took my own equip. Also went on our own. Took taxi . Make certain you are able to get a return taxi! Ask driver to pick you up!

When we were there a year ago, we didn't see any snorkling stuff. I am not sure what you would see there anyway. There are thousands of tiny little fish that the pelican's dive for. It looks like they are crashing into the water. Lots of fun to watch.

Thanks for the info. Randy. Where is Coki beach? Is it a taxi ride and how is the scenery in that area otherwise? We have heard such awesome things about Megan's Bay but were hoping to do some snorkeling there along with just laying on the beach.

Was at Megans in Jan04 - I did not see anything there that would indicate any good snorkeling. Great beach and swimming, but no reefs etc. For the best, go over to StJohn. Or perhaps Buck Island.

Check out the Ports of Call area of Cruise Critic Messages. There is much said on the topic for StThomas.

My husband and I just got back last week from our AOS cruise. We went with Godfrey and got him to drop us off at Coki. We were incredibly impressed. The water is crystal clear, the sand is super soft and the snorkelling is great. You can see tons of fish very close to the beach. Our table mates went to Meagan's Bay. They said that it was very nice but very windy. We didn't notice the wind at all at Coki. We would strongly recommend it. You can take taxi's there and they are quite reasonably priced in St. Thomas. I'm not sure exactly how much because, as I said we went with Godfrey. He charges $20 each and takes you shopping, on a tour of the island and drops you off to spend a couple hours at the beach of your choice. It was a pretty crazy tour at times because the roads are very narrow and winding but Godfrey is a good driver. Very good deal!

Archived