Scuba Diving Question

CTKath

My 25 yo DS will be obtaining his scuba certification before our August cruise (Xmas present :) ). The question is - if he could pick only one island to dive on, which of the four that follows would be best: Barbados, St Lucia, St Thomas or St Martin? He may dive more than one island, but we thought he could pre-book the best one and play it by ear for any other.

Thanks!

I have been to all, I would say St Lucia is number 1(Anse Chastanat is excellent) and it really depends on where you dive at the other ports, so I would do some research with a dive book and then book with an operator independent of the cruise line that will go to some of the better dive spots. Generally the cruise operators pick ones close to the cruise ship ports and those tend to be very average.

jc

My DH and I went SCUBA diving in St. Thomas and St. Maarten. We preferred St. Thomas. St. Maarten was VERY rough getting to the dive site and getting in the water. The divemaster said that it was calm compared to some days! :eek:

We haven't been to St. Lucia or Barbados yet.

I second the idea to check out scubaboard.com. I read that board all the time. It has some great information.

I also recommend he bring an Underwater camera!! We bought one spcifically for diving and we love the pictures we got with it!!

Chrissie

My DH and I went SCUBA diving in St. Thomas and St. Maarten. We preferred St. Thomas. St. Maarten was VERY rough getting to the dive site and getting in the water. The divemaster said that it was calm compared to some days! :eek:

We haven't been to St. Lucia or Barbados yet.

I second the idea to check out scubaboard.com. I read that board all the time. It has some great information.

I also recommend he bring an Underwater camera!! We bought one spcifically for diving and we love the pictures we got with it!!

Chrissie

Archived