Carnival Q4 Profits fall 48%

Sargent_Schultz

Really? and what dinning rooms besides the two free one that RCI ships offer are free what others are because I will definately cruise them when I get back to the States.

Maybe I'm not getting it........if both cruise lines basically offer the same inclusive product....with one having more options.........why would the one with more options be a bad thing:confused:

Maybe I'm not getting it........if both cruise lines basically offer the same inclusive product....with one having more options.........why would the one with more options be a bad thing:confused:

I think he is trying to portray that they are free. That is what I interpret. Or did I miss what he was trying to say.

:confused:

I think he is trying to portray that they are free. That is what I interpret. Or did I miss what he was trying to say.

:confused:

I don't know:p I think the whole your cruise line is better then my cruise lines stuff is so silly.......

And there is no such thing as "nickle and dimming"....we are platinum with Carnival sailed a few times on RCCL and Princess and our total bill has pretty much been the same on all three lines.......actually our last RCCL bill was the cheapest and yes we did eat at the optional Johnny Rockets:D

I don't know:p I think the whole your cruise line is better then my cruise lines stuff is so silly.......

And there is no such thing as "nickle and dimming"....we are platinum with Carnival sailed a few times on RCCL and Princess and our total bill has pretty much been the same on all three lines.......actually our last RCCL bill was the cheapest and yes we did eat at the optional Johnny Rockets:D

You forgot to stick out your tongue!

I think that is what he is saying.. that his cruiseline is better then their cruiseline LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p:D

I agree with you about the Nickle and Dimming. I always look at RCI to try as well as NCL eventhough the consensus says their food is less to be desired. :D Working on that Platinum thing...

But do tell. Don't you have to pay for the benfits that platinum members get for free.

I agree with you about the Nickle and Dimming. I always look at RCI to try as well as NCL eventhough the consensus says their food is less to be desired. :D Working on that Platinum thing...

But do tell. Don't you have to pay for the benfits that platinum members get for free.

You might want to keep Princess in mind also(7 day Caribbean)........I thought the food was excellent! I know subjective.........to this day it was my favorite cruise.......of course the Southern Itinerary was a plus too:)

Really? and what dinning rooms besides the two free one that RCI ships offer are free what others are because I will definately cruise them when I get back to the States.

I believe the Oasis has something like 12 free venues.

Freedom and Voyager Class ships have Sorrentos on the Royal Promenade, which is free. They also have Jade, which is sushi and Asian food...free.

Radiance Class ships have the Solarium cafe that serves food and has crepes made-to-order....free. Radiance Class also has the Seaview Cafe, which serves burgers, fish and chips, Cuban sandwiches, etc.....free.

Celebrity has the Ocean Grill on the pool deck....free. Celebrity also serves sushi in the Solarium...free.

Princess has a pool grill....free.

Yes! That is exactly what I have have been saying.

I forgot about the Princess, I was going to do the Alaska cruise next year for our homeciming cruise but everyone bailed on me so I decided to do the carribean cruise with my DW and Boys. I was told that my boys will have more of a blast with the Carnival than the Pricess lines and I wanted their first cruise to be memorable and of course FUN. I'll save Alaska for our 25th Anniversary in two years.

More options equals lower volume per option equals higher costs.

Last time I was on Princess they charged for cappuccino in the MDR - free on Carnival. Some people love NCL's hot wings - I wasn't impressed.

I feel quite certain corporate RCCL isn't going to break out how much money Oasis loses on any external statement.

Many Platinum benefits cost nothing - e.g. Priority Embarkation and Tendering. Others, such as Wash and Fold laundry would, if used. All Carnival ships have self-service launderettes, occasional laundry specials, etc. Also a retractable clothesline in the shower and the sink is always an option. I don't think most people do laundry in any form on 7 day or shorter cruises.

I forgot about the Princess, I was going to do the Alaska cruise next year for our homeciming cruise but everyone bailed on me so I decided to do the carribean cruise with my DW and Boys. I was told that my boys will have more of a blast with the Carnival than the Pricess lines and I wanted their first cruise to be memorable and of course FUN. I'll save Alaska for our 25th Anniversary in two years.

Alaska is amazing - not just for the wheelchair set. The cruises won't be loaded with party people or a good choice to obtain a sun tan, but still amazing. Something you need to do to fully appreciate.

Until I see their cash reserve lvels and what their long term strategy is I will just take your post as a wishfull fan hoping for the best.

CCL is very savy...but in this economy they can only nickel and dime the passenger for so much...which is where they make the bulk of their income.

Comparing CCL's 4th Qtr with last years is in line with companies all across the business spectrum. Those that made profits both times ARE doing well.

In the cruise industry, comparing CCL with your favorite and their biggest competitor, RCL, is espicially revealing. CCL down 48% for the qtr. but banked $1.8 Billion for the year.

RCL showed a profit in the 1st Qtr, losses in the 2nd, and 3rd. Qtrs. and losses from operations in the 4th Qtr. Sell off of equipment allowed for a small profit in Qtr.4 but not from operations. RCL's net for cruise operations for the year is a net loss.

Question CCL's capital reserves all you wish. RCL's reserves are known----$0.00.:D:p

But cruiselines operating on what they made on the last cruise is not an unusual situation in the industry. That's gone on for years. Carnival too operated that way years ago.

Also funny that you complain about CCL nickel & diming since your fave, RCL, is the ultimate leader in the "for an EXTRA charge," department.

Want a good burger? There's a charge for that!

Want a good steak in the DR? There's a charge for that!

Want late room service? There's a charge for that!

Want a lounge by the pool? There's a charge for that!

Want a past passenger party? There's a charge for that!

Yet they operate at a LOSS!

I just spoke with my DW and she said that we spent 800 Dollars on our Imagination cruise. This included the SPA thermo seaweed thinga mijga, haircut, excursions, 2 bottles of liquor to take home, and of course wine and drinking...

since your fave, RCL, is the ultimate leader in the "for an EXTRA charge," department.

Typical of a Carnivore fan..I have never said RCL is my favorite...again, typical of you guys..don't like CCL so you HAVE to be a RCL plant.

Archived