20th Anniversary Cruise

shaynasmom

Hello -

DH and I will be booking the Oasis soon for our 20th anniversary :) ! We have been on the Freedom w/RCCL and LOVED it..... as well as other lines.... Four cruises in all (so we are not experts ...)

We were looking for advice. Typically we book cheap cabins...... however, this time we are certainly splurging.......

We think we would like a balcony.... however, there are so many choices.

Also - what is booking shows in advance all about and which ones should we do ?

Dinners - we are going to splurge on one on our anniversary night (you know the "pay" ones that aren't included.... thoughts here.

We are looking for ANY advice...... it would be appreicated !

Thanks,

Shayna's Mom

Hello Shaynasmom,

Congratulations on your upcoming Anniversary. Despite my gripes on some of Oasis' additional charge items and all the pre-planning necessary to ensure a more than good time, my family and myself are still looking forward to sailing on her in 2010.

I would recommend the cheapest ocean-facing balcony. The balconies facing the Boardwalk and Central Park although unique offers no privacy. Also keep in mind that if you and/or DH are smokers then smoking is not allowed on inward-facing balconies.

Make your specialty dining choice with the kinds of food you like in mind. If you are open to trying new things then "150 central Park" would be the ideal choice. If your DH is anything like mine he probably would not like the menu much, but would be willing to go for the experience and the extraordinary ambience. Second choice would be "Chops Grille". Dining reservations made online requires pre-payment!!

With regards to the shows it is recommended that you pre-reserve:

The Aqua Show, Ice Show, Hairspray, Adult Comedy Show, Come Fly with Me and the Headliner Show.

See them all.

(If someone could post the link to the showtimes that would be great)

This way you would have some idea on how to plan your evenings. With so many choices you may consider "Any-Time" dining. (Pre-payment of gratuities required).

Hopefully this response has been helpful.

Again Congrats.

Samantha.

Hello -

DH and I will be booking the Oasis soon for our 20th anniversary :) ! We have been on the Freedom w/RCCL and LOVED it..... as well as other lines.... Four cruises in all (so we are not experts ...)

We were looking for advice. Typically we book cheap cabins...... however, this time we are certainly splurging.......

We think we would like a balcony.... however, there are so many choices.

Also - what is booking shows in advance all about and which ones should we do ?

Dinners - we are going to splurge on one on our anniversary night (you know the "pay" ones that aren't included.... thoughts here.

We are looking for ANY advice...... it would be appreicated !

Thanks,

Shayna's Mom

1) The D1 balcony cabins on the hump are very nice if you're willing to pay a little extra. They are deep enough for a lounger (or 2).

2) Booking shows in advance ensures you will get to see the performances you want when you want although on the 12/12 sailing there were always plenty of seats available. If you don't book in advance you can either book once on the ship or show up about 10 minutes prior to showtime and if there are still seats available you can get in.

3) I didn't do any of the specialty restaurants on Oasis, but I did hear that 150 Central Park offered a wonderful experience. It is a 6-course tasting menu so the portions are small, but supposedly very good. Chops should also offer up a pretty good meal with great atmosphere.

Whatever you choose to do, I do hope you have a wonderful time.

Archived