What's the latest time we can get off Diamond Princess????

Aussie TJE

We're cruising on the Diamond Princess from Sydney-Bangkok in February and our flight home is at 5.15 pm. We are trying to decide what to do between getting off the ship and boarding our plane. There's not a lot of time for sightseeing (plus we will have all our luggage with us), so we were wondering what would be the latest time we could get off (we realise we would have to get out of the cabin fairly early so they can get it ready for the next lucky person), but thought we might be able to stay until as late as possible and then go directly to the airport

Also, what's the airport like, are they many shops etc to look at and fill in time or is it pretty basic? Any suggestions, greatly appreciated.

We're cruising on the Diamond Princess from Sydney-Bangkok in February and our flight home is at 5.15 pm. We are trying to decide what to do between getting off the ship and boarding our plane. There's not a lot of time for sightseeing (plus we will have all our luggage with us), so we were wondering what would be the latest time we could get off (we realise we would have to get out of the cabin fairly early so they can get it ready for the next lucky person), but thought we might be able to stay until as late as possible and then go directly to the airport

Also, what's the airport like, are they many shops etc to look at and fill in time or is it pretty basic? Any suggestions, greatly appreciated.

We have just been on the Diamond,Bangkok/Sydney.

We were off at around nine, I think the ship would have been cleared by 9-30/9-45. They were getting us moving very promptly when our groups were called.

It is such a busy day for the crew, have a wonderful cruise.

Best wishes

Thanks for the info guys. I guess if we get off just before 10.00 and I believe it takes around 2 hours to get to the airport, we will just spend our time checking out the airport.

Does anyone know what the airport is like - will we be able to amuse ourselves until our flight leaves at 5.15? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what other options we have?

I don't know if 5:00 is too early for this, but the cruiseline sometimes offers tours on debarkation day. Your luggage either goes with you on the bus, or sometimes (like in Santiago a couple weeks ago) they take it directly to the airport for you.

Something to check out, anyway.

FYI, if the ship offers tours before dropping you off at the airport, they won't be offered ahead of time through the Cruise Personalizer. Almost always, they have offered tours at disembarkation ports for those with late flights, but they don't offer the tours until a few days before disembarkation. At least that's been my experience.

Archived