NC SD Alumni Reunion?

frequent traveler

Out of staters are welcome:D

in addition to champagne and Red Stripe, a chauffeur to and from the airport and a couple of available guest rooms, the event will be held only 5 minutes from a luxury hotel and golf course, so we can definitely make a fun experience out of it! Or we can just drink champagne from a never empty glass (or other adult beverages) and pretend we are on SD!

FT

in addition to champagne and Red Stripe, a chauffeur to and from the airport and a couple of available guest rooms, the event will be held only 5 minutes from a luxury hotel and golf course, so we can definitely make a fun experience out of it! Or we can just drink champagne from a never empty glass (or other adult beverages) and pretend we are on SD!

FT

Actually we will be within walking distance of one 18-hole course and a five-minute ride from two 36-hole courses, one of which hosts the Wyndham Championship. But I digress ...

I am thinking I need to start a roll call and head count:

Feb. 27

FT and ZQVol (2)

vandrefalks (2)

whatnot (2)

DJ and DJ's DH (2)

So who else is joining us ... jbcjtc? ohmiss? ctbjrs? TOYBars?

Actually we will be within walking distance of one 18-hole course and a five-minute ride from two 36-hole courses, one of which hosts the Wyndham Championship. But I digress ...

I am thinking I need to start a roll call and head count:

Feb. 27

FT and ZQVol (2)

vandrefalks (2)

whatnot (2)

DJ and DJ's DH (2)

So who else is joining us ... jbcjtc? ohmiss? ctbjrs? TOYBars?

I would absolutely love to be there DJ!! However the logistics are difficult at that time as well as the difficulty of getting my DH on an airliner, which would be twice in one month if we came!! He always wants to be piloting, not passengering....(is that a word?? NOT!) :D

Have a wonderful party and we will be with you in high spirits. Miss you all! ...Counting down to March 12th!!!

ohmiss :p

FT

FT, you had me at, "never empty glass of champagne." :)

There's a 50/50 chance we'll make it. We may end up heading north instead of south as originally planned.

North to Vermont instead of south. In Februrary. During winter. I think I need my head examined. :eek:

What's the nearby luxury hotel that was mentioned in an earlier post?

Count me in as well. I live in Florida but work in Raleigh about every other month.

Excellent!

FT, you had me at, "never empty glass of champagne." :)

There's a 50/50 chance we'll make it. We may end up heading north instead of south as originally planned.

North to Vermont instead of south. In Februrary. During winter. I think I need my head examined. :eek:

What's the nearby luxury hotel that was mentioned in an earlier post?

Grandover Resort and Spa is the place FT mentioned that is 5 minutes away. There are two other hotels which are about 15 minutes away in downtown Greensboro (O. Henry and Proximity) which are very nice but not resorts. There are a number of chain hotels that are 12 to 15 minutes away as well.

DJ's DH and I have stayed at Grandover, O. Henry and Proximity so I can offer our opinions on each:D

Roll call for Feb. 27:

Feb. 27

FT and ZQVol (2)

vandrefalks (2)

whatnot (2)

DJ and DJ's DH (2)

surfklutz

Maybe - Cammiem (2)

Surfklutz please let me know if you are bringing a guest.

Disney Jen - I will be working so will be leaving my husband home. I will be solo.

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings all!

FT and I have final stopped traveling enough to catch up with each other:p

We were wondering since it seems like we have had a winter storm roll through every weekend since late January if we might want to think about pushing the reunion to sometime after Easter in April? Thoughts?

If folks have their plans in place for Feb. 27 we can still get together for cocktails and dinner ... just let us know!!

Greetings all!

FT and I have final stopped traveling enough to catch up with each other:p

We were wondering since it seems like we have had a winter storm roll through every weekend since late January if we might want to think about pushing the reunion to sometime after Easter in April? Thoughts?

If folks have their plans in place for Feb. 27 we can still get together for cocktails and dinner ... just let us know!!

We have well over a foot of snow outside and it's still falling heavily. Though I firmly believe that this is how winter is *supposed* to be for us in Ohio, I must confess that I'm ready for spring.

Pushing the reunion past Easter would definitely benefit us. :)

FT and I have consulted each other and the 10-day weather outlook:p

Let's go ahead as planned and gather on Feb. 27. Vandrefalk, I will email/FB you and whatnot since I have that contact info. Does anyone have surfklutz's info?

FT and I have consulted each other and the 10-day weather outlook:p

Let's go ahead as planned and gather on Feb. 27. Vandrefalk, I will email/FB you and whatnot since I have that contact info. Does anyone have surfklutz's info?

DJ and I have made the final preparations for this weekend - and there will be a never empty glass of champagne for all who attend;) . . . if champagne isn't your beverage of choice we promise that Red Stripe will be readily available as will . . sodas and sparkling water. DJ is also picking out a "light beer" - whatever that is.

Dining menu will provide for a variety of choices from beef tenderloin to crab cakes so please let us know if you plan on attending.

The festivities kick off at 6:00 pm at DJ and DJ's DH house - not far from the Grandover Resort. My e-mail is tdavidson317 at triad.rr.com and you know how to reach DJ.

look foward to seeing you. :D If you can't be on SD, be with us!

FT

DJ and I have made the final preparations for this weekend - and there will be a never empty glass of champagne for all who attend;) . . . if champagne isn't your beverage of choice we promise that Red Stripe will be readily available as will . . sodas and sparkling water. DJ is also picking out a "light beer" - whatever that is.

Dining menu will provide for a variety of choices from beef tenderloin to crab cakes so please let us know if you plan on attending.

The festivities kick off at 6:00 pm at DJ and DJ's DH house - not far from the Grandover Resort. My e-mail is tdavidson317 at triad.rr.com and you know how to reach DJ.

look foward to seeing you. :D If you can't be on SD, be with us!

FT

Is this a wear your SD pajamas event?

Is this a wear your SD pajamas event?

Imagine ... FT and I didn't have time to talk about dress code. DJ's DH was amazed that I was home so early from our planning dinner (if we are anything it is efficient ... especially when quaffing champagne!).

Dress is definitely "yacht casual" so of course SD PJs are welcome!

Archived