I can't decide

sallyb

I can't decide between Phil Lafayette and A-Z Jamaica planners. :rolleyes:

A-Z will give a private tour for our group of 6 and they have good reviews.

Phil would be up to about 20 people from what I've read, but he's also got good reviews. What to do?:confused:

I can't decide between Phil Lafayette and A-Z Jamaica planners. :rolleyes:

A-Z will give a private tour for our group of 6 and they have good reviews.

Phil would be up to about 20 people from what I've read, but he's also got good reviews. What to do?:confused:

This won't help your decision at all but stop for a minute and think about this.

How great is it to be deciding between tour operators on the lovely Caribbean island of Jamaica rather than grocery stores or gas stations in your home town?

Both you've mentioned and Trevor mentioned above too are talked about quite a bit here, you should find plenty of info to guide you.

We went with A-Z for our upcoming cruise because we were able to book a tour for just the 4 of us, rather than piling into a van with 20 other people (Phil). When I e-mailed Phil to ask about a custom tour, all I got was a form letter telling me to read his site. Never was able to get any info from him on a custom tour.

A-Z on the other hand was extremely quick and responsive to our request. One thing I like is that they actually have a computer system that sends you an invoice that shows you're confirmed. I like having that when I travel. (note: the invoice isn't showing any payments yet, they only collect payment when you do your tour. No advance money required).

Phil Lafayette has a great tour too. We thoroughly enjoyed it...but I need to correct one thing. You said Phil would be a group of 20 people...not necessarily. He has the capacity to take 20....but usually the groups aren't anywhere near that big. We had 8 in our group. I've known times where there have only been 2 or 3. He has personality plus, and really wants to share his love for Jamaica with the cruise passengers. I'm sure each tour guide is good...and no matter which you choose, you'll likely get a great tour. We enjoyed being shown so many different things in Jamaica, learning a bit about the history, schools, national symbols etc...it was fascinating.

This won't help your decision at all but stop for a minute and think about this.

How great is it to be deciding between tour operators on the lovely Caribbean island of Jamaica rather than grocery stores or gas stations in your home town?

Chris,

You are so right. I decided to go with A-Z. I am the info gatherer for our group of 6. They wanted the custom tour with no others so we could do whatever we want.

Sally

Archived