Star Princess delayed for Rio

billet

Departure from Buenos Aires was delayed by 2 hours due to port congestion. We then anchored for a further two hours in the night due to traffic in the channel. The Star will now be arriving in Rio at 11am rather than 7 am on Dec 22. I thought joiners might like to know!

Didn't have a chance to enjoy Rio as we were flying out that night and only got off the Star at about 4 p.m. After the 4 hour delay disembarkation was awful - having said that, the crew worked with great patience and organisation; although we had to vacate our cabins by 9 a.m. and hang around, tea and coffee were brought down to the Explorers' Lounge, and you could get pizza, etc. to eat. Everyone was fed up, including the crew, but they still walked around smiling.

I'm sorry for the people who started the next cruise from Rio; some were embarking as we walked off the ship, but obviously they must have had to wait for a very long time. Having said that, no, I'm not sorry for them, as they are now on their cruise.

The Star is a lovely ship, a bit too big for our taste, but otherwise the food, service and amenities (apart from the library) are wonderful. We had a great cruise.

Archived