Eastern Med

BeCruiser

Looking to book a Eastern Med. Cruise for Sept 2010.

Our first cruise we did Celebrity,,,,Western Med. and loved it. 2008

Was checking out the ports of some of the NCL,,,would we like NCL if we liked Celebrity?

Any advise would be appreciated

We have the Eastern Med itinerary booked for 2010, did the Western Med with NCL in 2008 and loved it. However, we have sailed Celebrity in the past, and the 2 cruise lines are very different. NCL is all freestyle ---- no set seatings with the same time and waiter and tablemates every night, only 1 optional dress up night (where most did not dress up, at least on our cruise), and the other nights have a MUCH more casual dress code and ambiance than Celebrity and most of the mainstream lines. IMO, food in the MDRs on NCL is not as good, but we did enjoy the greater choice of specialty restaurants (they have a surcharge but we didn't mind that.) Princess is actually a favorite but we have enjoyed our Celebrity cruises also, as well as NCL. We did find that the casual atmosphere worked well for our port-intensive Med cruise, and we didn't miss the formal nights at all, but I;m not sure we would feel that way on a Caribbean cruise. Anyway, just be sure you are ready for the differences ---- some people love freestyle, others hate it and miss traditional, others (like us) appreciate the good points of both.

I'm not sure what ports of call your looking at. We did the old Galaxy 2 years ago, I think the Solstice does that route now. That was our all time favorite vacation. Make darn sure your cruise does the Greek Islands, they are a must see. I'm not sure what your looking for in a cruise experence. We love Celebrity. That being said, the Med is a destination cruise. Unlike the Caribbean where the shipboard experience is so important

Rollie

Archived