Waitlist for Captain's Circle vs. New Customer

Embracedbylife

I was just told by Princess that they have 2 separate waitlists - one for captains' cirle memebers and another for new bookings. My sister booked her waitlist and was given #5. I booked mine a week prior and am at #13 for the same category of room. They told me i'm in a preferred list - a different list than her's. Anyone hear of this before?

I'm so upset now because my sister likely isn't even going to pay the depoit to go and she is at number 4 and I am at number 13. The princess agent today told me again there are 2 waitlists, one for those who have never sailed before and one for those that have, and that I would be cleared before my sister. I wonder if they are yanking my chain??? Any suggestions? I'm still at #13 and very upset now that she is at #4 and reserved hers for the SAME category as me but 6 days later!

I'm so upset now because my sister likely isn't even going to pay the depoit to go and she is at number 4 and I am at number 13. The agent today told me again there are 2 waitlists, one for those who have never sailed before and one for those that have, and that I would be cleared before my sister. I wonder if they are yanking my chain??? Any suggestions? I'm still at #13 and very upset now that she is at #4 and reserved hers for the SAME category as me but 6 days later!

Sounds like they are yanking your chain, I would much rather deal with Princess directly in these situations to eliminate the middle man.

That's just it, i'm talking to princess directly. When I said agent I meant the princess 1800 number. So that makes me even more upset because I am getting this information directly from Princess!

OK I thought you meant a TA.....

We have always had a good experience with waitlists directly through Princess. Just stay on top of it and hang in there, it will work out. You are still a long ways out. ;)

quick update. I just received an email from princess that was a waitlist confirmation confirming my waitlist categories. I didn't know why i was getting this, so I called to check my waitlist number and they moved me up to #2!!! So i'm not sure if it's just my luck or if my questions this morning resulted in an email and move in my waitlist number. Either way, i'm really really excited now!

I'm so upset now because my sister likely isn't even going to pay the deposit to go and she is at number 4 and I am at number 13. QUOTE]

Your Sister's booking will automatically cancel if she does not pay the Deposit by the due date. Does she think it's a free cruise?

:confused::confused::eek::confused::confused:

I'm sorry but who in their right mind would think their cruise is free? what a strange comment to make?? Anyway, what I was trying to say without rambling on for ever is that she likely wasn't going to complete her booking and pay her deposit to go on the cruise (therefore it would cancel i know) within the 24 hr window and would therefore lose her #4 spot and I'd still be at #13.

I'm sorry but who in their right mind would think their cruise is free? what a strange comment to make?? Anyway, what I was trying to say without rambling on for ever is that she likely wasn't going to complete her booking and pay her deposit to go on the cruise (therefore it would cancel i know) within the 24 hr window and would therefore lose her #4 spot and I'd still be at #13.

Since your sister was #4 and you were #13 and now you have been moved to #2, and there is supposedly just 1 wait list, I wonder how Princes would explain that you have now moved ahead of your sister? The only way that could happen is if there are in fact 2 lists!:confused::confused: At any rate it looks like you will get a cabin so good luck and happy sailing!

Archived