Toursaver Book

sgmburt

There is also another coupon booket sold in Alaska. Look and compare both.

These offers can yield significant savings, and even more with independent interior Alaska travel. This year, there are some great new Inside Passage offers.

Be aware of restrictions, and limits. Flights, as an example, only take so many. So it may be wise to confirm the availability of tours first. Some do not require you have the actual booklet when you reserve.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be the "Northern Lights" coupon book, which can be purchased at:

http://www.alaskadiscountcoupons.com

Cost is $50 plus $7 shipping and handling charge. Payment is processed through PayPal.

This is the coupon book I bought for next year's travels in Alaska. It is primarily a dining and entertainment book and is probably more often sold to residents, but it does have some good coupons for tourists, too. It will definitely save us some money.

I don't know when you're going to AK, but if its later in the season, you may want to hold off purchasing any coupon booklets right now. We went this past September & didn't buy any, simply because the 2-for-1 deals didn't work for us.

However, at the booklet's websites you can see what coupons are offered. And at somepoint mid-season, the booklets were discounted, so you might "save" even more. Also, once the early birds have taken their trips in May & June, some may sell their books on e-Bay. Just be aware that you must have the entire book, not just the coupon, to present to the vendor.

Check out the Alaska boards here on CC - tons of info! :)

Just be aware that you must have the entire book, not just the coupon, to present to the vendor.

That is true of the Toursaver....you must present the book intact to the vendor, and they tear out the coupon. If you tear out the coupon beforehand, it is rendered invalid.

It is not the same case with the Northern Lights coupons. They may be removed from the book and presented individually to the vendor. In some cases, the same coupons are in both the Toursaver and Northern Lights. It definitely pays to do some research on both sites ahead of time to determine which book has coupons that will most benefit you.

Good point about waiting to purchase the coupon books....it could be a better deal later in the season. However, there were a couple of times when I used the Toursaver that vendors asked me for the number of my book before accepting the reservation....most did not. The best thing to do, I think, is to call early on for your must-do reservations and find out their policies because some vendors do limit the number of coupons they will accept. There are some people on the Alaska Board who have already reported that some excursions are filled for 2010 on the dates they wanted reservations.

Archived