Free wine on RCCL NOT FREE

ninapeter

Just curious.... so if you are a new cruiser and a TA sends a bottle to the MDR, how do you even know that a bottle was sent? On our first cruise on RCCL our TA sent us a bottle to our room, but she didn't tell us she did that and I had no idea if she would do anything or not. Our waiter was completely rude and generally not helpful when it ccame to most things, what if he hadn't told us there was a bottle even sent for us? I guess, even though it is cheaper, for a TA to send a bottle to the room, at least in general they usually know the people get the gift.

That happened to me once! My travel agent sent me a Birthday Cake to the MDR on my birthday two years ago.However, it never appeared I was quite embarassed when she asked about it. Although she had paid for the cake, the order got lost in the shuffle I guess.... These things can happen.

Just curious.... so if you are a new cruiser and a TA sends a bottle to the MDR, how do you even know that a bottle was sent? On our first cruise on RCCL our TA sent us a bottle to our room, but she didn't tell us she did that and I had no idea if she would do anything or not. Our waiter was completely rude and generally not helpful when it ccame to most things, what if he hadn't told us there was a bottle even sent for us? I guess, even though it is cheaper, for a TA to send a bottle to the room, at least in general they usually know the people get the gift.

No guarantee a bottle will make it to the cabin either - oversights and mistakes happen there as well.

In any event it seems to me there have been a number of posts in this thread where the gift recipient managed not to have a fee charged in the MDR.

I dont think any poster here disagrees that the fee shouldnt be charged.

Rather all that appears to be said is that there are acceptable workarounds to the fee where you can enjoy your wine without all the drama being dispelled on these pages.

Funny the lather this thread has created. It's been an interesting read.

Archived