Life Boats!

Hi everyone,

I am trying to plan my Honeymoon (:D!!) on the oasis! We are booking a balcony, but we dont want to get stuck on the same level as the lifeboats. Does anyone know which level the LBs are on??

TIA!

The lifeboats are on deck 5. I had a cabin on Dec 6 a D4 category and when you stood at the railing of your balcony you could see a portion of the lifeboat below. YOu could not see them if you were sitting on your balcony chair.

With that said having a cabin on deck 6 was very convenient to the other venues on the shhip. I would select that deck again lifeboat or no lifeboat.

Thanks for your fast reply!

Oasis looks amazing!! What was your favorite part of the ship?? I love hearing review from people who have been on the ship...

You are welcome :) I think my favourite neighborhood is Royal Promenade which is the hub of the ship. I also liked Central Park which is quiet and peaceful especially in the evening sitting and having a drink.

Here is a link to my review and if you have further questions that I may be able to help you with just ask away.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1104112

It is like no other ship. I enjoyed every minute on this ship. Reviews have been quite positive

The lifeboats are on deck 5. I had a cabin on Dec 6 a D4 category and when you stood at the railing of your balcony you could see a portion of the lifeboat below. YOu could not see them if you were sitting on your balcony chair.

With that said having a cabin on deck 6 was very convenient to the other venues on the shhip. I would select that deck again lifeboat or no lifeboat.

i agree, deck 6 is very convenient. and all the balcony decks stick out a bit further than deck 5 where the lifeboats are, so when you look down you only see half the lifeboat. and if the ship were sinking you could avoid the muster station and just jump off your balcony onto the roof of the lifeboat! :D

Hi everyone,

I am trying to plan my Honeymoon (:D!!) on the oasis! We are booking a balcony, but we dont want to get stuck on the same level as the lifeboats. Does anyone know which level the LBs are on??

TIA!

Just a personal bit of info... We find that cabins with cabins above and below are preferable because of possible noise issues. Being above or below public areas can (not always) lend to getting noise from the crew cleaning the area. DW and had a cabin just below Chops on one cruise and were surprised to hear the banging of chairs above us during late night cleaning.

A balcony cabin on Deck 6 may have noise from the public areas beow on Deck 5, depending on the location. So you may want to consider that when booking. Generally, we have cabin-to-cabin noise from deck to deck to be rare, unless there are very loud folks around you.

Just a point to consider...

Congrats on your wedding and you WILL have a great cruise on the Oasis!

------------------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

Princess Cruises - The Med – 14 day – 2013?

• 8 months later...
We were on deck 6 near front of ship and it was great! We were able to get to everything easily. Also, there was no lifeboat under our balcony,

# 6142, so we really had a great view.

Hi there. I know your cruise was quite some time ago, but did you happen to notice anything "strange" about your neighboring cabins? I am trying to figure out what that white space on the deck plans between cabin 6138 and 6142 (and between 6538/6542 starboard side) represents. I'm hoping that since you've actually sailed in one of these cabins, you might be able to help.

Archived