If you were in charge of NCL...

Bridge Maven

Just 3 from us

1) The cabin steward should introduce themselves - we did 12 nights and never saw them - some will say this is good but we wanted to thank them personally and didn't know who they were

2) An NCL Teddy bear in the gift shop - there wasn't one on the Jewel but we've got one on every other cruise we've done

3) Design the rooms so you don't have to climb over the sofa bed and across the childrens legs to get to either the bathroom or the balcony please - it's ok when its not out but morning and night is not good (i.e the tmes you are actually in the cabin)

I would designate an area of each ship for complainers. That would keep them away from the happy people and stop the disease from spreading.

ROTFL-to me it's no removing DSC without justification...and then hire PE to train those who get to decide what's justified ;)

i would designate an area of each ship for complainers. That would keep them away from the happy people and stop the disease from spreading.

rotfl-to me it's no removing dsc without justification...and then hire pe to train those who get to decide what's justified ;)

i think you are too late to get pe on that job. The gov't needs pe to scare the terrorists into obedience. :d:d

lmao..... :d

I want NCL to have our shipboard accounts on a TV station in our cabins (like on Celebrity) - instead of having to go down to the front desk to see the status of our charges.

Excellent suggestion. We hate waiting in the long lines the day before disembarkation. I'm sure the reception people would be grateful too. That way, they can have more time to handle the errors.

It would be nice to have a staff that responds to problems onboard....I would have more bridge or cards/ops for those that don't want to be herded to overpriced shopping on shore, an informative and meaningful lecture or two....like "what are those constellations I see off my balcony?" .....an interactive ie: "couple looking for intermediate bridge game.....) message board for people looking to do things together, a decent shop or two on the ship; entertainment in the evenings a little more sophisticated than a boozy, has - been hack, perfect weather, announcements from the bridge when rough weather is expected, more than one movie to attend (NOT HARRY POTTER), better lighting, less obnoxious decor, water skiing from the back of the ship, enroute fishing from the ship, and an indoor pool with a swim up bar.

Is this too much to long for?

I think you are too late to get PE on that job. The gov't needs PE to scare the terrorists into obedience. :D:D

OR, he could just threaten to "ignore" them until they go away? :rolleyes:

It would be nice to have a staff that responds to problems onboard (They're called the front desk, and management)....I would have more bridge or cards/ops for those that don't want to be herded to overpriced shopping on shore (what about those of us who prefer ping pong? chinese checkers? Or are cards the only option you feel should be added?), an informative and meaningful lecture or two....like "what are those constellations I see off my balcony?" (I've attended these....didn't you?) .....an interactive ie: "couple looking for intermediate bridge game.....) message board for people looking to do things together (that's a great idea.... and on the summer cruises it could morph into the 'I saw you' type of notice-boards...:rolleyes:), a decent shop or two on the ship (for those who don't want to be herded to overpriced shopping onshore????? :p); entertainment in the evenings a little more sophisticated than a boozy, has - been hack (okay...I get it...you've never cruised NCL), perfect weather, announcements from the bridge when rough weather is expected (oh...for those who can't see the sky, or feel the motion?? So that they get the fully participatory experience?), more than one movie to attend (NOT HARRY POTTER) (What's wrong with Harry Potter?? Would The Goonies, and The Goonies 2 be more appropriate?), better lighting, less obnoxious decor (SLOW DOWN! Some of us really LIKE the decor!!!!), water skiing from the back of the ship, enroute fishing from the ship, and an indoor pool with a swim up bar. (got to have a place for the washed-up hack to get boozy, right?)

Is this too much to long for?

Really interesting thread. Most people seem to think the rewards program and dining need tweaking. I suppose though I don't mind dressing up at all - I like the relaxed atmosphere on board.

My comment really would be related to entertainment though. We've seen some repeat acts on some of our cruises. I also missed Jean Ann Ryan company last cruise. I guess in keeping our prices affordable - they have had to make changes, I think from my perspective though it's the entertainment (repeats) and the entertainment company changes I've noticed the most. So I'd probably spend a bit on Entertainment. But then how would I do this AND make the same profit - if I was the MD I'd have to have an answer to that too.

We could do that on the Pride of Hawaii and the Gem.

The in-room accounts on the TV are no longer available. We were on the Jade (ex- Pride of Hawaii) last January and the system was no longer in use.

OR, he could just threaten to "ignore" them until they go away? :rolleyes:

Like me, he probably has an enormous ignore list, but still doesn't expect that just having someone there will make them go away

btw-every few months I'll take some people out of ignore (sort of my own second chance policy) but they usually go back quickly :eek:

Really interesting thread. Most people seem to think the rewards program and dining need tweaking. I suppose though I don't mind dressing up at all - I like the relaxed atmosphere on board.

My comment really would be related to entertainment though. We've seen some repeat acts on some of our cruises. I also missed Jean Ann Ryan company last cruise. I guess in keeping our prices affordable - they have had to make changes, I think from my perspective though it's the entertainment (repeats) and the entertainment company changes I've noticed the most. So I'd probably spend a bit on Entertainment. But then how would I do this AND make the same profit - if I was the MD I'd have to have an answer to that too.

Just back from the Jewel 12-20 and Jean Ann Ryan Productions was there. They performed Le Cirque Bijou, Country Gold and the name of the other show slips my mind but they were all fantastic. Actually the entertainment overall from production numbers down to the parties at night was the best part of my cruise. The food not just the atmosphere but quality needed improvement.

Actually, when you think of it:

Singles vs couples vs families

First timers vs seasoned

Smokers v non

Drinkers v non

Port v sea days

Bingo v not

Shoppers v not

Lectures v no

Gamblers v non

Dress-up v not

then the wonder is that they make as many people happy as they do.

Personally I would love to see [finally] a modern, attractive,intuitive, functional and accurate website. If it were anywhere near the quality of many other major organization websites, the remaining problems with the telephone staff should be greatly reduced.

Actually, when you think of it:

Singles vs couples vs families

First timers vs seasoned

Smokers v non

Drinkers v non

Port v sea days

Bingo v not

Shoppers v not

Lectures v no

Gamblers v non

Dress-up v not

then the wonder is that they make as many people happy as they do.

Personally I would love to see [finally] a modern, attractive,intuitive, functional and accurate website. If it were anywhere near the quality of many other major organization websites, the remaining problems with the telephone staff should be greatly reduced.

Great summary. And BTW.......I NEEDED TO BUY A SWEATER on the ship.

Funny rebuttals to my post.

My last cruise was great. The only thing I didn't like was the drink selection. Tea and water were available in the machines the majority of the time with the exception of breakfast. Had to end up buying a soda card. Would have been nice to have lemonade or fruit punch available as I have seen on other cruises.

1) Designated NON-smoking cabins and balconies.

2) Enforced dress code (casual, but ENFORCED).

When I first sailed NCL the portside cabins were all non-smoking and starboard smoking. Then they changed and the first cabin I got had so much smoke from the next cabin I thought the room was on fire!:(:mad::eek:

If I were in charge. I would look at the feasibility of using an U.S. flagged ship as transportation up and down both coasts. Starting In Bar Harbor Maine stopping at all ports such as Boston, New york, Philly, Norfolk, Charleston, Cape Canaveral, Miami, New Orleans, Texas, True the canal with stops in Cal. Washington, up to Alaska turn around and head back.

Some people will not fly. Don,t like trains. Hate to drive.

I would pay a fair price to get on in Boston and get of in Florida Visit with Family for a week or two then catch a ship back home.

Just a thought.

Can it be done?? I don,t know!! J.M.O.

If I were in charge. I would look at the feasibility of using an U.S. flagged ship as transportation up and down both coasts. Starting In Bar Harbor Maine stopping at all ports such as Boston, New york, Philly, Norfolk, Charleston, Cape Canaveral, Miami, New Orleans, Texas, True the canal with stops in Cal. Washington, up to Alaska turn around and head back.

Some people will not fly. Don,t like trains. Hate to drive.

I would pay a fair price to get on in Boston and get of in Florida Visit with Family for a week or two then catch a ship back home.

Just a thought.

Can it be done?? I don,t know!! J.M.O.

I like that.

Al

If I was in charge, I would have Kevin Sheehan come on here and tell us what the status is of all the things thy were looking at from the NY Times blog some months ago. Many of those are the same ones that folks have brought up here.

Al

Archived